twenty-three

I took off my trainers and sighed at the good feeling of having my toes free. There's no better sensation that taking your socks and shoes after a long and tiring day. Nothing could beat that calm and freshness that surrounded your feet when the tension of the footwear was released.

I laid on my bed with only an oversized t-shirt and underwear, my legs looking darker with the leftover light of the day that crossed the window glass. I unlocked my phone with my face and started playing some music through a speaker, my toes moved at the rhythm of the song. All the emotions that music could made me feel were only envied by the effect that books and writing had on me. I haven't met anyone that doesn't like music and that's why is so amazing and powerful. I am a professional listener and I have to admit I'm quite obsessed, I don't think I would be able to write, shower or do my homework in a complete and dull silence.

I quickly went to Instagram and check the new feed, not interesting at all.

*@harrystyles requested to follow you*

Should I accept? I mean, it wasn't a big problem and not weird at all, we were in the same class after all.
But I hated him, with my entire and complete soul. I clicked on his profile, not deciding yet wether to welcome his request or not. Agh! His account was private as well. I requested a follow as well. Only if he let me see his account I would do the same. Why was I overthinking shit so much?

But the acceptance came sooner than I expected and I quickly went to the social media, swiping up on my screen to close the reading app I was using at the moment.

*@harrystyles started following you*

His photo in the round icon next to his name didn't give a lot of himself and who was this flirty newbie, but so peculiarly popular. The number of followers was, at least, the double compared to mine. But having a low list of people has never bothered me, I even preferred it like that.

Some guitar pictures with very good quality, probably taken with a professional camera. Did he play the guitar as well? The models of the instruments were quite cool, a yellow electric guitar and an acoustic one with a starry sky decoration all over the wood. The rest of the pictures, surprisingly being a lot, were either in black and white and very random. Interesting...

The only picture that he appeared in was a mirror selfie with one of his cameras, also with the bicolor effect on and half of his structured face behind the object held with one of his big hands.
Was he the private type? His face didn't appear much, there was just one picture with Niall and some other people I didn't recognize. The rest were professional pictures made by him I guessed, and those two guitars.
I kept scrolling and paused on a beautiful girl's portrait. She wasn't tagged and there was no caption under the post, rarely. All the rest of the pictures had a poetic caption or a weird and nonsense fact. For a split second I thought I had mistaken the account, it had nothing to do with his sly nature and cheeky behavior. This rocky aesthetic web page was quite cool, never thought anything coming from him would be close to cool. 

The blonde girl from the portrait with big and shiny green eyes and a bit of artificial blush laying on her cheeks was posing naturally and looking at the camera with sweet seriousness, if that made sense.

Who was she?

It was the only picture in color apart from the one where Niall appeared. She could be his cousin, his girlfriend or ex girlfriend, his sister if she had one, his friend or a random model. There were millions of combinations, but of course I wasn't going to ask him. Now that we were coworkers maybe I could take advantage of that to discover it somehow. I didn't care about him at all, but I was just so curious about this mysterious and gorgeous girl.