Chapter 1

I put my light long brown hair, into a high ponytail, and let the image of my messy self sink into my mind. I haven't slept for days, because of the constant interview preparation I had to do, for the internship. As if studying for the exams isn't enough. My friend Jenna leaves the dorms before me and heads to school.

"Do you take the car this time?" She asks me quickly, with her head peaking in and I shake my head.

"No you can." She flashes me a bright smile and leaves. I go ten minutes after her and am luckily not late. Kellan and Jenna are waiting for me and greet me with a big smile.

"Excited for your interview?" Kellan asks, while he links his fingers with Jenna's. Urgh! How jealous I am of these two, they have been dating, since high school, I've never seen them without one another. This reminds me of my relationship, I had with Michael. We dated for two and a half years, but after he moved to England, we decided to end it, as painful as it was. I really miss him though. But there is a guy named Xavier, I am crushing on lately. I actually never got to know him, but I hope it soon changes, since we are invited to his party on Saturday.

"Yes, I mean, it's with Taylor Swift. I heard a lot about her, also bad things."

"Like?" Kellan wants to know with a curious face.

"She isn't the nicest. But hey, her company is really big and it's the best here in New York." I change the subject. "Kellan, I need the car after school, because of the interview." He nods.

"Jenna and I were about to chill at my place anyway. I'll make great dinner," He winks at her, "The car is all yours." The bell soon rings and our ways split after we say goodbye.

Just right after a long school day, I hop into Kellan's old Audi and drive to the address, where Swifts office is. I pull up, in front of a big glass building, that looks very new and intimidating. Before I go in, I take a deep breath.

The warmth of the building hits me and I feel like I am in a very wrong place. All the people are so well dressed and I look like.. a bum. Damn it, Jenna was right, I should have at least wore her formal dress.

"Can I help you?" A young and attractive brunette asks me, with her eyes on the computer.

"I have an interview with Ms Swift." I clear my throat, I need something to drink.

"Oh, you must be Ms Lee Turner."

"Just Lee.." I casually correct her, but soon regret it. She gets up and gestures me to follow her. We enter a long empty hall, everything is silent, only the clacking of her pumps on the marble floor are audible.

"Wait here." She orders and smiles, which looks forced and studied. "May I bring you something to drink?" She folds her hands together and I nod. "You can take your jacket off, while Valerie brings you a glass of water, or juice-"

"Just water." I say. My eyes shift to a younger looking, dark skinned beautiful girl with her curls tamed into a bun. "Thanks." I thank her and the woman walks off.

After a minute, Valerie appears with a glass of water in her hand. "Thank you." I say, as she hands it to me. She seems, shy, just like me. Maybe we could be friends or something, when I get the internship.

"Ms Lee Turner." I hear a female voice call.

"Ms Swift will see you now." Another young woman with long blonde hair tells me and accompanies me to a big silver door.

"Thank you."

"Your jacket." She holds it up.

"Oh." I take it and tug it between my arm and my torso.