Chapter 33

2 weeks later.

Not that I already feel miserable, but the results of my exams aren't the best. I think I didn't focus enough on school in recent time.

I shut my notebook and put my cup with hot chocolate away. It's getting colder and wetter in New York and people in school are talking about the coming Halloween party. I don't wanna think about parties right now. I still didn't apologize to Taylor. How is she? Is she still thinking about me? I wish I could go back in time and prevent all that mess. I promised Jenna to go to Taylor's office and apologize to her.

I put on my raincoat and fetch my keys. Riding on Jenna's broken bike, I hope I won't cause an accident.

I lock up the bike and walk into the familiar building. I am scared of how she will react. Or how Valerie will react.

"Hello," I stop at the reception, "I need to talk to Ms Swift,"

"Yeah," this time, it's a different woman I have never seen before, "You're not allowed to be here."

"What?" I say to loud, "You're officially banned from this place. Ms Swift has just send you a letter," I gasp and blink a few times, taking her words as a joke. She irritates me.

"I have to talk to her," I slowly say.

"She isn't here anyways,"

"What? Where is she?"

"On a business trip, now I may ask you to leave this building, or I will have to call the security," I don't wanna embarrass myself, so I just leave, with a big lump in my throat. Don't cry Cassie, don't cry.

I try to call Taylor, but I only get to hear her voicemail.
What have I done? I ruined everything. She is done with me.

I try to reach Jenna and she luckily answers.

"Hey Jenna, can we meet?"

A few minutes later, Jenna and I are sitting in a local bar, with fake IDs.

"I'm still not believing this business trip thing," she says, while playing with her straw.

"And the ban... I can't believe she'd ever do that. Wow..."

"I screwed up! Can you talk to her?"

"What am I supposed to say?"

"That I, Cassandra Lee Turner am sorry," she scoffs, "I don't think it will be easy Cassandra,"

I lower my head, "I was really hoping, you two would get together,"

"She never liked me in that way,"

"She did. You can deny it, but actions speak louder than words," I can't argue with her about that.

"Do you think, she'll find someone else?"

"She is young and attractive and rich, she surely has it easy," I exhale frustratingly.

"Thanks for the comfort,"

"Sorry but it's the truth. Do you want me to lie to you? Only because she has it easy, doesn't mean that it is what she wants,"

"I wasted so much time on Michael, I hate myself,"

"You had no idea,"

"Are you going to that Halloween party?" I change the subject.

"Yeah. I actually wanted to go with you,"

"I don't know Jenna, I don't even know what I should go as. And the whole Taylor and Michael thing..."

"Forget them! It's an absolute amazing party! You have to go!"

"I don't think I should go,"

"You should, I will force you," I look at her, "Jenna,"

"Cassie," she eyes me and I give up, "Fine, I will go. But without a costume,"

"What?! Are you shitting me? You can't go without a costume, they won't let you in!"

"It's a party for stupid students anyway,"

"Um, no. Not only students will go. Mostly but not only," I roll my eyes.

"I don't have a costume,"

"That's why we will go now. I will buy you one okay?"

"Are you insane?!" She calls the waitress and pays, "I'm your friend, friends do that,"

We drive out of town, just to go to one of the biggest Halloween store in NYC. I love how excited Jenna is. She hasn't been that happy since she broke up with Kellan.

"Is Kellan going to be there?" I wanna know. I fear a sad response from her, but she still seems happy.

"Probably. But let's not focus on him,"

We enter the Halloween store and I instantly feel like a child again. I've never been to such a big costume store before. There are so many costumes, from Harley Quinn to Madonna.

The store is constructed like a maze. The deeper we walk in, the better the costumes get.

"These are very pricey Jenna,"

"Stop whining Cassie. I saved enough money for two costumes. Oh, Ninja Turtle!" She disappears in a sale section.

What am I looking for? Slutty, scary or traditional?

"Jenna I have no idea what I will be,"

"Marilyn Monroe!" She gasps and rushes to the section with Marilyn Monroe stuff. I roll my eyes.

"The Seven Year Itch or Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend?" She holds up two dresses.

"The white one is too common," I say and she puts the white one back.

"If you'll go as a celebrity, I will go as one too,"

"Please not as Michael Jackson,"

"No. Why?"

"I had a horrible experience with a guy dressed as MJ back then," I laugh at her little story.

"No wait," I say and walk up to a costume that has caught my eye.

"Princess Leia!"

"A princess?"

"Not a traditional one. Besides, I've never been a princess on Halloween," she rolls her eyes.

"Okay. Looks good,"

"Are we ready to go?" She proudly nods.

So guys, I uploaded this short chapter right after I uploaded chapter 32 as a Christmas present. I love you all so much and I am very thankful that you are reading my story. If you have any requests or questions or manips of Taylor and Shailene, please contact me! Chapter 34 is coming soon.Thank you so much x