Chapter 62

"I'm thirsty." Taylor tells and I immediately grab my bottle, handing it to her like she is a helpless little puppy.

"Here you go." I finger comb her hair to the side and put the bottle to her lips.

"I missed you." I rest my forehead against hers. "I missed you so much." There was a slight doubt, that I would never be able to do this anymore. Within each day, I had less hope. I trusted Taylor to wake up, but her state seemed so bad.

"I missed you too. I heard you talking to me." I look her in the eyes, expecting a slight hint of humor. "I really did."

"Do you know what I said?" She tiredly shakes her head.

"I know that Jenna and your parents were here. And Karlie along with my family." She lowers her head.

"They were all there for you." I kiss her hand. "You said you had a dream. Tell me about it." Her face turns pale, for a moment I thought I said something wrong.

"It was a dream about my dad. He was there and told me to go back." She stares into the distance, seeming as confused as I am. What if it wasn't a dream?

"Do you think it was a near death experience?" I want to know. Taylor never told me about her beliefs or if she even is religious, I only know that her parents are.

"My mom once told me a story about a near death experience. I don't know if I can call it that. I am scared... kind of." She admits. "I never really believed in it, but now..."

"I believe it was one. Your father has been there all along Taylor. He never left you." I gently squeeze her now warm hand.

"What is today's date?" I take my phone and glance at the display.

"December eleventh." I let her know and her eyes go wide.

"Oh."

"What?" I am eager to know. Did she miss a meeting? This is the least she should care about right now.

"My birthday is in two days." I raise my brows, again trying to hint humor.

"I didn't know that." For some reason, I feel like she avoided telling me this.

"I will turn twenty six." She smiles. "Are we going to do something?"

"Like what?"

"I don't know. I just want to spend time with you, that's all." I nod with a grin. This is exactly what I have been wanting to do for days.

"Me too."

"As soon as I get out of here, we will celebrate Christmas together. Like a family." She weakly smiles at me, but the corners of my mouth won't go up.

"Taylor," I begin. "You will stay a little longer. But I promise we are going to spend so much time together after you get released." Confusion spreads across her face.

"What do you mean? Why do I have to stay longer?"

"You're still not alright." She shakes her head.

"I am. I feel fine, I am okay. I wanna go home and get back to work. And what about Jenna's wedding?"

"Relax Taylor. Don't worry about that, your health comes first."

"I am obviously healthy." She sits up, me gently pushing her back down.

"Taylor, be careful. I don't want anything to happen to you." Considering that she is still being supplied through tubes and IV. The door opens, Taylor's mom and nurses along with the doctor walking in.

"Are you ready Taylor? We will transfer you to another hospital." The doctor says. Ready? She is clueless about what is going to happen, she is everything but ready.

She stays silent, while her bed is being rolled out, again her mother holding her hand. I quietly walk next to her until she gets transported to the ambulance.

"Can I come with her?" Taylor's mother asks, I already know the answer.

"Of course."

"What about me?"

"Are you her sister?" Sister? My eyes tear open and I abruptly shake my head.

"No no."

"She's her friend." Taylor's mom helps out.

"Oh. Unfortunately, only relatives can come." Of course, I have been in this situation before.

"Taylor, I will see you later." I kiss her head and watch how she is being pit inside the ambulance. It's as if she is being taken away from me again.

Honestly, everything is just a freakin mess right now. I wish I could grab Taylor and run away with her. Without anyone, just her and I.

Thank you for reading and for your wonderful messages. I went through some difficulties in recent time and needed a break. You probably thought I was going to abandon this story and to be honest I thought so too. But your messages give me courage to continue. I feel bad for leaving you like this, I hope that you're not mad at me. I am now going to return to writing and hopefully devote myself like I used to. I hope you're still interested in this story, thank you so much for your patience. X