Chapter 41

I play around with the keys of Jenna's keyboard. The same haunting melody has been howling in my room for a minute now. I texted my mother and asked her about the weather in Boston, it's not better than here. A few snowflakes have already fallen here, but they didn't last.

My phone rings and I tiredly pick it up.

"Hey mom," I say in a monotone voice.

"Hey babe, how are you?"

"Good," I reply, "I really miss you, can't wait until Thanksgiving," I rave.

"So can't I,"

"Mom?"

"Yeah?" There is a short hesitation, before I say something.

"I really need to talk to you and dad, when I'm back home," I tell. I know, that this sentence worries my poor mother.

"Of course, you can tell us everything,"

"Yeah," I inhale deeply. I have to tell them about Taylor. It's driving me crazy, I can't think about something else. I feel like, they have to know.

As soon as Jenna gets in the room, I hang up. In a few minutes, school will start and I haven't even changed.

"Why are you still wearing your pjs?" Jenna questions chewing on her apple.

"Why aren't you with Kellan?"

"We don't have to be around each other 24/7-"

"I wanna come out to my parents," I cut her off and burry my face in my hands as soon as those words escaped my lips. Jenna stops chewing and swallows the apple in her mouth.

"That's good, really Cassie,"

"But how? I don't know how to do that,"

"Just tell them how you feel,"

"About Taylor? Or just say that I like girls,"

"That's up to you," I sigh.

"Jenna, I was never attracted to other women except of Taylor. Am I still gay?"

"Bi," she bluntly replies, "Maybe you do like other women, but you never had the chance to find out because of Taylor," Jenna awkwardly looks at me, then at her apple.

"Um.. I don't like you like that Jenna. I love you, but not like that,"

"Sure," she giggles, leaving me confused.

"I know! You are my friend, of course you don't like me like that," she rolls her eyes, "Maybe you should start dating other girls though, to clear everything up,"

"Other girls?"

"Yeah," she says taking another bite, "I know this website-"

"No online dating!"

"Fine... what about this bar?" I raise a brow and cringe at the thought of going on a date hunt.

"I don't know Jenna, I don't wanna be in a relationship now,"

"Give it a try Cas!" She gets up, "It can always turn out right. You can always escape, just try it please,"