Chapter 10

"It's until he finds another place to stay." Kellan nods. "Do you wanna talk about Jenna?" He shakes his head and his jaw tenses, "Never mind." I turn to my boyfriend, who already made himself comfortable on the couch. "Do you want to hang out or are you exhausted?" I question, "We can hang out. Unless you wanna talk to your friend." It's cute how caring he is, "No, it's okay. I bet she wants to be alone now-"

"Can you stop talking about her!" Kellan rages. Mike and I stay silent, until he leaves. "Man, what's his problem?"

"Give him a break, he is in an argument with his girlfriend." My phone buzzes and I get a text. I take my phone out and read a text from an unfamiliar number.

I want to apologize for my stupid behavior from today, can I take you out as an apology?

My heart skips a beat, as I realize Taylor sent me that text. But where did she get my number? I quickly type back: Considered that you are my boss, and you may fire me if I don't accept your apology, I say apology accepted. And how did you get my number?

"Who is it?" Michael asks, I almost forgot him. "Um, my boss. She apologized for being mean." I kinda regret calling her a bitch earlier. "The bitchy boss?"

"Yeah. Don't call her bitchy, she may had a bad day." I defend her, "Those were your words." He reminds me. "I know, but just forget it." Taylor texts me back.

I wouldn't fire you! Even though you got the order of the paper stack wrong. I'll meet you tomorrow after work.

Gosh, I knew I did something wrong.

Okay, but how did you get my number??

She reads my message but doesn't reply. I hate that! Makes me want to scream. "I gotta go." I mention to Mike.

"Now?" Our eyes meet, "Yes, see you tomorrow." I give him a quick kiss and walk out.

It's almost tidied up, as I go in my dorm. I guess this is how Jenna wants to keep herself distracted. "Sorry for being a bitch earlier." Jenna apologizes, "No you weren't. It's okay if you were though, after your argument with Kellan." She neatly folds her clothes and stuffs them in our wardrobe. "You know, while I was tidying the room, I was thinking a lot about him." She sighs, "We would've been alright, if I just said yes."

"It's not your fault. Maybe he was just to spontaneous." She gives me a crooked smile, "Do you need help?"

"Yeah, would you put my jewelry back in the box?" I take the bracelet between my fingers and observe it. Kellan gave it to her, for their first year anniversary. Sad. "It's beautiful."

"Yeah. If we will ever break up, I might keep it... just kidding. Or maybe it already happened." I pity her, "Don't say that." I open her jewelry box, to put the bracelet back, then I notice a little piece of paper crumpled up. I slowly unfold it and read the words on it.

We need to talk about it -X

I quickly put it back. It? What is it? And what does X mean? X like kiss? Or who is this? Did Jenna have someone else or still has? I couldn't imagine Jenna cheating on Kellan, she really loves him. "What?" I hear her voice. "Did you go through my stuff?"

"No you told me to put your bracelet back. Who is it?" I carefully ask. She hesitates but soon answers, "Kellan of course. He wanted to talk." I nod and push the thoughts away, now thinking of Taylor.

She wants to meet me after work, which is good, but also scary. What are we supposed to talk about? Books? I mean, her lifestyle is different from mine. But she likes books and so do I. "Can you lend me a really nice dress?"

"Why?" I shrug, "I.." Should I tell her? Why not, I mean, there is nothing to hide. "Tay- I mean, Ms Swift and I are going to meet after work." Her eyebrows raise and her lips part. What is she thinking of? I hope not, that we're going on a date. How is it even possible for her to think that. She clearly knows I like men. Only men. "What?"

"A little rendezvous with Taylor?" She teases and I blush. There is no reason for me to blush. But if I was a guy, I'd totally date her. And I surely wouldn't bring trouble to her.

"No, just a friendly meeting. I don't go that way and you know it." I state, "Okay. How come you meet each other?" Good question. Why would she want to meet me after work? Isn't an apology enough? "Because she is nice. Come on, can I borrow a dress from you?" She heads to her wardrobe and takes out a navy business dress from a hanger. It's beautiful, formal and not too short.

"Wow," I say in awe. She instantly knows what I want. "Don't ruin it." Jenn hands it to me, as if it was a baby. I know how to keep a dress clean. Especially this one. I hang the dress on the door and help Jenna clean up the room. I actually also have some stuff on my side that is kind of messy.