Chapter 50

I chew on my pencil, while I imagine Taylor's date with Roman. We've been sitting here for hours, trying to organize a few thinks for the wedding.

I should have called her, but I somehow can't right now.

"I looked up so many locations, they're all pretty expensive," Jenna frustratingly tells. We didn't even set a date.

"I never planned a wedding before, I'm so overwhelmed,"

"Relax," I say, "Let's make one step at a time. Firstly, let's look for a proper location, we should set the date afterwards," she nods.

"Thank you so much Cassie, what would I have done without you?" I give her a smile, but it's more depressed than positive.

"What's wrong? Am I asking for too much?"

"No not at all. It's just..." I tug a hair strand behind my ear, "Taylor," I start. "It's because of this crazy actor idea," Jenna arches a brow.

"This sounds so Hollywood. Are you jealous of him?"

"Kind of. I wanna spend time with Taylor and her family. Kissing her, holding her hand, like a normal couple. Well, if we are a couple," I shrug.

"You haven't spoken about your relationship?" I shake my head.

"I remember getting into a relationship with Michael," I repeatedly shake my head, "It was so easy and just happened. We liked each other and went on a few dates, then we called each other girlfriend and boyfriend," It's not easy with Taylor, because I am probably pushing her into something she doesn't want.

"It wasn't easy with Kellan and me too. First we only had sex, then I fell for him, but he didn't fall for me," She stares into the distance, while the corners of her lips tug up. "We went through a lot. Now we're here, getting married soon,"

"I don't even know if Taylor ever wants to get married," I sure want to someday, I have a feeling, that Taylor and I are soon going to go separate ways. Not because we don't love each other, but because of how things are right now. I don't want to and it's gonna break my heart so damn much.

"Everything is just so confusing. Why is love so hard? And why do we fall in love, if love is so much work?" Jenna shrugs.

"But at the same time it's beautiful," she adds.

"Do you know what just popped up in my head?" I shake my head at her question.

"A singer for our wedding! I am not rich, but I want a good singer at our wedding," she's probably thinking about a famous pop star, but with her budget, there is no way.

"Well, you don't actually have to pay for one," I state. Oh yes, Taylor is an amazing singer and I am sure she would do us the favor to sing on her wedding. If not, I will beg on my knees.

"Taylor? Are you sure?" She raises a brow and I assure her with a nod.

"I'll call her," I get up and leave the room, leaning against the door. I unlock my phone, getting notifications, that I missed a call and that I have a new voicemail. It's Taylor. I eagerly listen to what she'd send me. A shaky breath escapes my lips while I am listening to her concerned voice.

"Fuck!" I curse under my breath and run my fingers through my hair. I gotta call her right now. Luckily she picks up after the second ringing.

"Taylor," I croak. "Is everything alright?"

"I'm glad you're calling," she replies with a slight mad voice, "I'm fine. I don't wanna do this with Roman anymore," she explains.

"I know," I bite my lip, and am glad that it's over.

"I will come out to my parents," she almost whispers. My body tenses, but my heartbeat quickens.

"I will come with you-" she cuts me off.

"No, I will do it by myself. I appreciate your helpfulness,"

"You don't have to Taylor,"

"Cassie, I want to," she exclaims.

"I miss you," I tell her, hoping that she responds with 'I miss you too'.

"I wanna see you right now Cassie. Can we meet afterwards?"

"Yeah, of course," I am so glad that things are a bit calmer now.

"I have to ask you for a favor later," I let her know and I can already feel the curiosity on the other end of the line.

"I hope it won't be bad," she jokes.

"I am sure you're gonna like it," After a few minutes I hang up and go back to Jenna.

"And?"

"We're gonna meet later," I am sure, that I don't want Taylor to see me like this. "I'm going to take a shower,"

"Go ahead, I'm okay," she says, while going through her phone.

"The Roman drama came to an end," I tell her and she looks up.

"It did? Phew,"

"She wants to come out to her parents. Without me," Jenna arches a brow.

"Don't stress out about that,"

"I'm scared of how things will turn out,"

"They can turn out good or bad, but it will always be good to come out," she says. She is probably right, Taylor shouldn't hide, especially not from her family.

"For now lets focus on other stuff,"

"Like the finals, we haven't picked up our books in a long time," she groans and rolls her eyes.

"Okay fine, let's study,"