Chapter 60

I flicker through the magazines and turn my head back, as the a knock tones through the door.

"Come in!" A mob of auburn hair shimmers, I recognize my mother walking in, my dad right behind her.

"Hey." we hug each other for a long time.

"How is she doing?" My dad questions.

"The doctor put her in a clinical coma." I say with a saddened voice. My mother runs her warm hand along my back.

"It's going to be okay." I look at her and force a smile. Jenna eyes me silently, then turns her gaze back at her hands. We haven't spoken for an hour.

"Do you wanna drink something?"

"No thanks." my parents say in unison. My dad's eyes linger on Taylor, watching her chest rise up and down caused by the machines. Pain grows in his eyes.

"So it's her dad." he rubs his forehead. "He passed away."

"Yes." I lower my head.

"When?"

"About three years ago. We recently visited his grave and she just couldn't take it." I tell, a lump growing in my throat.

"I know how it feels." my father says and gently lays his hand on top of hers. I love how much he cares for her.

"Thank you for showing up guys."

"Anytime sweetheart." my mother responds.

"Dad, can I talk to you?" He looks at me and nods. I get up, leaving the room, with him right behind me.

"What is it baby girl?"

"I think Taylor is in depths." his lips part as he startlingly eyes me. "She threw all her money away, I know it doesn't sound like someone who is in depths, but I have a feeling, there is an issue with her business."

"Are you sure?" I nod my head.

"She didn't tell me, she was about to throw her money in the water and said 'It's not like it will belong to me anyway'. I bet she is in depths." I lean against the cold wall.

"If it's true, I would wanna help her, but I don't have enough to help."

"It's okay. Just being there for her is helping." he smiles at me and kisses me on the forehead.

"I love you so much dad you have no idea."

"I love you to the moon and back, but I bet I already told you before."

"Yes you did and I appreciate it." I hug him very tightly, before we walk back into the room. Jenna raises her head, her reddened eyes glaring at me.

"What happened?" She shakes her head and inhales sharply.

"I'm so sorry for telling you that everything was fine." she shrugs and wipes away the tears that have been collecting on the small tip of her nose.

"You wanted to comfort me, it's okay Jenna." I rub her shoulder and sit down. "It's okay."

Late at night, I am curled up on the chair next to Taylor and silently listen to Fix You. The song we heard on our 'first date'. If you can call it like that. I had no idea, that she was so broken inside.