Chapter 15

I take a sip of my coffee, as I watch the time fly. I'm sitting in my office, and haven't got any work to do, since I came here. No one approached me. I put the cup down and spin on the chair, trying to keep myself busy. Actually, this is pretty chill, at least better than working. Suddenly I hear a knock. I quickly stop spinning and take my coffee cup, acting, like I've been pretty calm the hole time. "Come in!" I yell. The door opens and the same pretty girl, from the elevator comes in, with a ginger haired worker. She is carrying a big pile of paper, while the blonde woman is only holding a pen. "Put it there." She orders and the shy girl obeys. I can tell from her facial expression, that she is very exhausted. "Thank you. Hello Ms Lee, Ms Swift needs you in her office now." Is all she says, before both of them head out. My heart begins to hammer again, as soon as I hear her name. I can't imagine what she needs from me, but I hope it's not too much.

The big door opens and I try hard to look elegant, while I'm heading in. Too bad, that I have to wear the same outfit from the first day, while Taylor is rocking a bunch of different suits. I really need to go shopping as soon as I have enough money. "Hello Ms Lee." Taylor greets me, while she is writing something down. "H-hello." I stutter. Damn it, why are my palms getting sweaty? "Sit down" She orders as she points at a chair in front of her desk. I watch the pen wander to her lips, where the red of her lipstick leaves a mark on it. My cheeks heat, as I remember my crazy imagination, the day before. "How can I help you?"

"You wanted to negotiate about your work times. Am I right?" She asks and I nod. "Alright. Any suggestions?" She questions and I bite my cheek. "What about... 16:30?" I nervously play with the hem of my skirt. She writes something down, "Okay." Three times a week at 16:30, sounds great."

"Can we make it til eight? Because of my school." She looks at me for a while, then writes it down. "Fine."

"And Taylor?" She looks up and our eyes meet, "Call me Ms Swift." Her cold voice makes me shiver, "Okay?" I confusingly blur, "What was with yesterday." She rolls her eyes, "Can we not talk about it during work?"

"I'm sorry, but when are we supposed to talk about it?"

"Maybe never." She bluntly replies, "I want to." I say back.

"Not now."

"Why not? Are you offended? It was an easy question." I rage, "Maybe not for me." I stay silent. "Why not?"

"You don't have to know."

"Taylor-" She cuts me off "Don't call me Taylor!" My heart begins to quicken, "What the fuck is wrong-"

"Don't you dare cuss at me!" She gets up and stomps toward the door, "Please get out." I try to hold my tears, but I almost choke on them. It felt like a stab, when she yelled at me. For no reason. "I'm sorry Ms Swift. I didn't meen to cuss on you. But you confuse me."

"I'm a professional, I don't talk about my private life during work. Please leave me alone now." She falls back in her chair and rubs her forehead. I back up and walk out the door, before we get into a major argument. It could cost my internship. I feel like, today is one of her worst days. Or maybe it was just me. Until the clock strikes 8:30, one of the workers allows me to go home. Never have I ever, thought that Mike would pick me up. It's weird, that he knows were I work. "I borrowed Kellan's car." He mentions. He is really the only one of my friends who owns one. "Can I take you out?" He asks, "Not McDonalds again." I groan.

"No, like to a nice restaurant." He pouts. "I'm really tired babe." And not hungry at all. "I want you to eat more. You got thinner since I haven't been around."

"I only eat healthier." I acknowledge, "I'm not hungry."

"I saved some money for both of us. I want to take you out so bad." He tells with wide eyes, which convinces me. He starts the engine with a proud smile, "I love you." He tells and purses his lips, "I love you too." I respond and place my lips on his. Suddenly I see a tall female frame walk towards a car, which totally resembles Taylor. My heart begins to pound, "What's wrong?"

"Nothing." I can feel, how the temperature in me increases. "What did you see?"

"Nothing." I lie, "Your boss?" He questions with an angrier tone, "N-no. I was just thinking about something."

"What?" He pierces me with his haunted eyes, "Us."

"You and me?" He shoots me a lustfull glare, "Like what?"

"Just doing what couples do." I try to hide my embarrassment. "Tell me more."

"Michael-"

"Please." I swallow the lump in my throat, "On a bed." I take a deep breath, "Oh wow. So you have been thinking about it?" I slightly nod, "Oh Cassie. I want it so bad." He whispers into my ear, "Please tell me when babe." I nod again, while watching Taylor stare at us with a blank expression. Michael grabs the stewing wheel with both of his hands, and then drives out to the street. I can't stand the fact that Taylor saw us. I quickly dial my friends number, "Who are you calling?"

"Jenna." I say and she picks up at the third beep, "Yeah?"

"Can we meet later?" I ask and look at Michael's direction. "Yeah of course."

"Thanks." I say before I hang up. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing, I just thought I could spend some time with Jenna." I explain. He seems to think about something very intensely, "But not now right?" I shake my head, "Later."