Chapter 44

I try to press words out of my dry throat. Taylor releases her tight grip from her bag, which is a signal from her to walk up to her. I make two steps towards her, while she runs towards me. I gasp as I let myself fall into her arms, inhaling the familiar scent of hers. Her tickling hair strand on my cheek wakes familiar feelings again.

"Hey," she breathes out. Her thumb carefully wipes a tear from the corner of my mouth, I didn't even notice I was crying.

"Hey," I really wasn't expecting that. I thought it was pretty much over between us, after what happened. Her being here now, coming to Massachusetts, while she left everything in New York.

Our hands entwine, as my mother draws closer to us. She gives Taylor a tight hug, before she eyes us.

"It's so nice to see you here,"

"Yes it is," I agree with my mother, "Why are you here?"

"I have to talk to you," I take her bag and pull Taylor upstairs to my room. Right after I shut the door behind me, her lips are already on mine, both of our lips passionately moving in sync. The taste of her matte lipstick is on my tongue, and I probably got some of her lipstick on my teeth, from all the lip biting. I dig my fingers in her straight hair, but her hands get grip of my wrist, pinning them up against the door.

"We have to talk," she says out of breath. I nod with my eyes shut, missing her lips on my bare ones. She sits down on my bed, as I observe her. Now she seems so innocent, but her smudged lipstick, tells something different. She gazes at me through her long lashes. I take a seat next to her. My stomachs begins to twist.

"So..." she starts. I just wanna kiss her again. I missed her so much, it almost made me sick.

"Cassie," she tuggs a strand behind my ear, sending goosebumps on my whole body. I nestle my cheek on her palm.

"I missed you," I whisper.

"I missed you too,"

"I'm so sorry for what I have said to you,"

"Don't be Cassie, don't be sorry for anything you said to me," I stay quiet. I won't blame her if she is mad inside.

"Jenna told me about what you were going to tell your parents. I admire you. I admire you so much, for what you will do. And I wanna be here with you, when the time comes,"

"Thank you, I really need you," she nods.

"I have thought about what you said," I bite my lip.

"I thought about a lot, when we split," she lets go of me and tugs her hands under her thighs.

"Like what?"

"About me not taking our relationship serious and me being afraid of coming out to my parents,"

"Don't rush anything Taylor. If you don't wanna do it now, don't do it,"

"I will. I will someday I just don't know when," I rest my hand on her delicate shoulder and let it wander down to her upper arm, slowly drawing circles on one spot. Her raised hairs tickle on my thumb, which feels. I don't know if she is cold, or if I did it.

"And about us," she begins, "I am scared," I frown at how confusing this sounds.

"Why?" I add a smile to my question.

"I was never truly committed to anyone before. Not even Karlie. And when you said you loved me, I was scared of how it made me feel. I wish I could say it too, but it's so new to me,"

"No pressure, I do love you, but you don't have to say it back if you don't feel ready," she sighs and kisses me again, this time shorter.

"I can't believe you came all the way from New York,"

"Me neither," she whispers as she leans in for another kiss, "I like your room by the way," she slightly turns to the side, to observe my room, but her lips are still on mine.

"My mom renovated it, it was a surprise. I don't like it as much," Taylor smiles.

"Doesn't suit you,"

"I know,"

"Cassie, I didn't even have any doubt about coming here. I missed you so bad," A stone falls from my heart, as those words were said. It's almost as good as 'I love you' and it proves, that I am something serious to her.

"Why aren't you saying anything?" She questions, with a slight shakiness in her voice.

"I'm just overwhelmed and speechless nothing more," her shoulders drop and she inhales.

"I have never said that to a woman before, except for my mother of course," she giggles.

"I actually have never told her that, only my dad." she falls silent, I can feel how much she misses her dad.

"Do you wanna talk about him?" She immediately shakes her head.

"Not really. I can't, I wish I could." she burries her face in my collarbone.

"Taylor?" I say in concern. She is obviously not okay right now.

"Hm?"

"My family will be so happy to have you here over Thanksgiving."

"Really?" She faces me now and I nod.

"You're a part of our family. After you stayed by my side, when you know what happened.." I refer to Michael.

"Yeah of course, thank you," suddenly the door swings open and Steve peeks in.

"Oh hey um, am I disturbing you guys?" We both shake our head. But to me he does.

"I am Steve by the way,"

"Taylor," she quickly gets up, sticking her firm hand out. I awkwardly look at Taylor, then back at my bare feet.

"Well, I gotta go, do some stuff in the garage. See you later,"

"Yeah, bye," she says before he leaves.

"My real dad is cooler," Taylor chuckles.

Because of Dave opening the door, Uno got the chance to come inside, jumping at Taylor's legs.

"Hey buddy, who are you?" She beds down to pet him, his tongue is sticking or, while his tail is wiggling.

"His name is Uno."

"Why Uno?" She questions, while massaging his neck.

"It's Spanish and it means one. He is the number one in my life." Taylor smiles and gets up.

"Do I have to share my spot with a dog?" I laugh and nod my head, kissing her gently.

"I have to wash my face, I look tired and my lipstick is smudged."

"Come, I'll show you the bathroom," I get up and drag her to the door.