Waiting

"What?" Cherry was shocked. The matcha grinned and showed him the paper. "See? I'm going to America! I can't believe that a foreigner would hire me as their Chef for 1 week. I didn't even know he was a famous author" Cherry was happy for him but sad at the same time.

"There's no stopping you right?" Cherry just sighed at his boyfriend. "Kaoru, this is a once-in-a-lifetime oppurtunity. I have to accept this!" Joe said. "I know, I know. It's just that 1 week is too long" Cherry laid on the bed.

"You'll miss me right?" "Of course".
Joe smiled at his partner and laid beside him. "Don't be sad, Kaoru. 1 week flies by so fast." Joe said hugging his boyfriend. "Yeah and by the time you get back, I'll be much more skilled in skating" Cherry smirked.

"What do you want me to get while I'm there?" Cherry just shrugged and said "I don't know you choose". Joe chuckled and said "Let's go on a date tomorrow." Cherry looked at him and smiled "Alright then"

After 3 days

They were now on the airport. Cherry insisted on accompanying him to the airport. There's still 1 hour before the departure of the plane so they decided sit somewhere, talking.

Cherry was looking down while Joe was talking. "I'm going to miss you" the former said holding Joe's hand tightly. Joe just smiled and replied "me too".

It was now time for Joe's departure. They both stood up and hugged each other. "I promise that I'll give you lots and lots of hugs and kisses when I get back" Joe said while kissing his boyfriend's forehead.

"If you miss me, just look up the sky and find the biggest star. Imagine that star is me. I'll also do the same in America. So that we'll be watching each other." Joe said staring at Cherry.

"Okay. I'll be right here waiting then" Cherry showed his sincerest smile. Joe just smiled back and bid goodbye.

"I'll bring ya something unexpected!" Joe yelled.

"Hey are you alright?" the pink-haired boy looked up to meet the red orbs of a certain matcha. He just nodded while sobbing. "Why are you crying? You're such a kid" The little mosshead stick out his hand waiting for the sakura grab it. "You're a kid too" the megane mumbled.

"I'm Kojiro and I love skating!" little Joe grinned at the pink-haired man infront of him. "My name is Kaoru. I like skating too" little Cherry replied smiling a bit. "You've got good tastes! Let's be friends from now on" Kojiro said.

"Kaoru!" Kojiro yelled calling the megane. "What?" Kaoru yelled back. "I'm practicing skating later, wanna come?" Kaoru rolled his eyes and said "Of course I'll come". The two highschool boys rushed out of their school riding their skateboards.

"Well.... If I have to pick a name, I think I would go with Joe." Kaoru snickered at him. "Going american now?". "I will pick Cherry Blossom. It's the english word of my name 'Sakura'." Joe just rolled his eyes and said "His name is also in English". The two college kids kept teasing about each other's names.

"Oh my god Hahahaha. What was that Kojiro?" Cherry couldn't stop laughing. Joe just sighed wishing he would be buried because of the embarrassment. "This is exactly why I love you" Cherry accidentally blurted out. The two of them froze.

"What did you say?" Joe started walking towards Cherry and Cherry was back pedalling until he backed against a wall. "Nothing" Cherry looked down as he was now embarassed. Cherry was now nervous. He accidentally told Joe that he was gay for him. Joe just smiled and held Cherry's chin making him look at Joe.

"What--" Cherry didn't get to finish what he was saying when Joe crashed his lips to the megane. "That's my answer, Kaoru" he said then walked away leaving the megane flustered and red as hell. Cherry couldn't processed what just happened. He breathed deeply and said "Kojiro!" which made the other turn around. "You should wait for your boyfriend" Cherry continued which made Joe grin. "Damn right. Come here baby".

Cherry opened his eyes and sat on his bed. It wasn't a nightmare. It was a dream. His dream was like going down the memory lane. He smiled at the memories with Joe.

He went outside of their house and looked up the night sky trying to find the biggest star.

"If you miss me, just look up the sky and find the biggest star. Imagine that star is me. I'll also do the same in America. So that we'll be watching each other."

He smiled softly at the star. "Kojiro it's me. How are you? I miss you so much" he didn't even notice that he was crying.

It's been 4 years now since Joe went to America.

"I miss you Kojiro... I promise you didn't I? I'll always be here waiting. No matter how long it takes." Cherry said sobbing. "I can't wait to get your unlimited hugs and kisses" he laughed but it was a painful laugh.

"Where are you? Why haven't you come back?" Cherry couldn't stop himself from asking these questions. He went inside and looked at the picture frame with the two of them smiling.

"Please come back Kojiro. I love you. I'm still waiting." Cherry bitterly said.

Little did Cherry know that the plane that Joe was in crashed on the day he left for America. Cherry didn't even knew this and kept waiting for him not even noticing the fact that his beloved was now long gone.

Who knew that their last encounter would be at the airport?

🌸~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~🌸
I know I know. Ya'll be like "Stop with the angst already". I'll be taking a break from writing sad oneshots for now. It doesn't mean I'll stop writing it.
Thank you for the 1k votes🎉🎉🎉💕

No AR for today.