Merrier With You

[Happy 10k votes my matchas and cherries!!!! Stay cool and funny and know that Author loves ya sm❤️✨]

2 days before Christmas. Kaoru lay his back on the office chair that could barely support his weight. (He's not fat oki? the chair is broken)

'Approaching adulthood is not as exciting as I thought it would be when I was younger' he thought.

For someone who is 27, he is pretty much alone and only has a few friends who can keep him accompany from time to time.

"Kaoru, the boss wants to see you" a voice was suddenly heard startling him leading to almost falling off his seat. He turned to the person while fixing his glasses.

It was his colleague, Kojiro.

There isn't much interaction between these two but everytime they meet, something awkward happens. That does not really make them strangers, in fact they are childhood friends that lost some color making them a bit cold to each other; at least that's what Kaoru thought.

'I hate to say this but he look so good today' he inwardly said.Those green hair with the right curls, those red eyes staring down at him, and his perfectly built body. He was wondering if this person already got a partner.

"Based on his attitude when we were younger, I'm quite unsure" Cherry mumbled.

"Did you say something Kaoru?" Kojiro was staring at him deep.

"Nothing.... Say Kojiro" Kaoru used this chance to bring the two of them back the way it used to be.

"Hmm?"

"Do you still skate?" Kojiro smiled and said, "Of course. I may not look like it but I still roam the streets of Okinawa when I'm free"

Kaoru smiled at his reply which made Kojiro smirk.

"How about you, Cherry?"

Cherry was startled at the sudden mention of his famous alias. 'So he didn't forget' he thought.

"Why would I quit? You made me skate like hell when we were young" Kaoru was now speaking comfortably with him.

"Well that was the only way for you to be with me always as we grow" Kojiro said.

Kaoru was not expecting this from him so he's speechless.

After few seconds, he cleared his throat.

"Uh anyway... I've got to go. I'll see you later Kojiro"
He hurriedly walked past him.

And it was a bad idea.

Because he tripped and luckily just like in any cliché romance movie, Kojiro caught him.

'Why did this turn from 0 to 100 real quick???' Kaoru screamed in his mind.

"So you're still as clumsy as ever" Kojiro chuckled softly gripping the other's waist.

"But fortunately, I'm always here to catch you" he then whispered.

"And you still speak foolish things" Cherry pushed the other away not too hard and straightened his clothes.

Kojiro has one of his eyebrows raised after seeing the other pulling his shirt down too hard almost exposing his collarbone.

"Idiot Gorilla" Kaoru walked away.

"Grumpy Megane"

"Hmm what are you doing here?"

"Shut up. I still can't believe that you remember this place" Kaoru closed his eyes as he leaned on the railings feeling the cool breeze of the sea.

"The moment you said that you'll see me later I know that you're going to end up here" Kojiro said throwing a rock that he found from who knows where.

Kaoru immediately opened his eyes as Kojiro snatched his eyeglass. Since he's not in the mood to argue with him he just said, "Just don't drop it".

"You should stop wearing this. It could be a hindrance when skating" Kojiro said as he put the glasses on his shirt.

"I don't wear them when I skate, you doofus!" Kaoru replied as he tried to take back his glasses.

"Go on. Take it" Kojiro opened his arms. The other just blushed, afraid that he might touch Kojiro's chest. He just scoffed and turned around.

"You idiot. Why are you so--" he felt something cold touching his lips and turns out it was a canned beer. Joe pushed it to his lips further, making him shut up.

"Don't be mad Kaoru, I won't be able to control myself" Joe said rendering the other speechless. Cherry snatched the drink away and took a step back.

"You really love to annoy the hell out of other people. Is this some sort of your special ability?" He took a sip of the cold drink.

"Hmm I'm only like this to you though" Joe replied chuckling a little afterwards.

He just ignore him and sighed. After a few seconds of silence, he spoke up.

"It's almost Christmas, time flie--" He regretted mentioning it after he saw Joe's face.

His eyes was pure cold and his face was clenched tightly.

The reason for this is that the last time they spent Christmas together when they were 16, they were in a situation where Joe ended up kissing Cherry.

~Flashback~

"What... Kojiro?" Kaoru immediately pushed Kojiro away after their lips touched.

"I... I... I'm so sorry" Kojiro was also shocked as to why he did that.

His face collapsed when he saw the sight in front pf him. Kaoru was distancing himself as he had this strange emotion on his eyes.

He tried to approach him, "DON'T! Just don't please."
Kaoru said.

"I don't want to know when this has started Kojiro but I ask you to please give me some space for a while" his voice was cold.

When Kaoru said 'for a while' it turned to months, and months became years. They barely spoke to each other. That situation is the reason why they separated.

~End of ze flashback~

Cherry thought, 'Come to think of it, why is he talking to me after all those years?'.

Did he just forget it like some sort of a childish mistake?

"Yeah the last time we spend that holiday was when we were in high school" Joe smiled bitterly.

"Um... Yeah" Cherry agreed almost instantly to try to relieve the sudden tension.

Joe walked towards his motorcycle and sighed.

"You know what Kaoru, this isn't going to work. It's nice talking to you".

"Kojiro, please... wait!" He couldn't do anything as Joe went away with his motorcycle.

"How could you?" Cherry bitterly smiled at his disappering figure. Little did Joe know that he was the reason Cherry was able to find his true self.

After that kiss, Cherry was confused and it was actually the trigger of the awakening of his sexuality. In simple words, Joe kissed Cherry and this turned him gay.

"If you have given me more time, what would have happen back then?" He couldn't help but ask. Perhaps they could have been a thing if things were different in the past.

🌸~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~🌸
Eh eh? I know you miss this 👆👆

This is only part 1 so stay tuned for the next one cuz I'mma upload it later.

I miss ya guys and it's time for a good ol' Anime Roulette🎉

Which anime character is like your comfort character? The one you go to when you're tired of life's shit.