Happier

Another chapter inspired by a song. This is sort of like a continuation of the chapter 'Thank You'.

Song used: Happier by Olivia Rodrigo

p.s I changed the pronouns to he/him of the song. Bitter Kaoru Alert❗

Cherry's POV

With the warm and fuzzy blanket around me, I stared at the night sky smiling.

🎶We broke up a month ago
Your friends aren't mine, you know, I know

We ended everything and went separate ways a month ago. I didn't know what to do when you're gone. I was a mess. I did everything to move on.

🎶You've moved on, found someone new
One more boy who brings out the better in you

After a few weeks of not seeing each other, I saw you with someone else. The memories of us still lingered in my mind. My heart couldn't take it. You laughed with him while holding his hands. I could see us from back then but sadly, I'm not him.

🎶And I thought my heart was attached
For all the sunlight of our past

I wish I could have moved on just like you did easily. How did you manage to move on with those memories from our past? Did you chose to dsicard them? The memories that I used to love now became a nightmare haunting me.

🎶But he's so sweet, he's so pretty
Does he mean you forgot about me?

Seeing the way you smile and laugh with him, I guess he's special. I get it. He got the looks and he seemed really nice, but how could you look at him with the eyes of love that you used to gaze at me with? Did you simply forgot me?

🎶Oh, I hope you're happy, but not like how you were with me
I'm selfish, I know, I can't let you go

You look happy with him and I can't stop that because seeing you smile comforts my aching heart even though I'm not the one behind those smile. I tried everything but I just can't seem to move on. I can't let you go. I couldn't. With those precious moments that I deeply cherished, I can't move on.

🎶So find someone great but don't find no one better
I hope you're happy, but don't be happier

You really found someone. Someone great and true. But don't forget I'm your first. I'm your first love, first kiss, first partner. Don't forget that you can't find someone like me. I wish you happiness, even though it's unfair that you get to laugh around while I had to deal with the broken promises and broken memories.

🎶And do you tell him he's the most beautiful man you've ever seen?
An eternal love bullshit you know you'll never mean

Did you tell him that he's the most beautiful that you've ever seen? Then it wouldn't make sense because you used to tell me that. You promised him forever? Bullshit. Don't make me laugh.

🎶Remember when I believed you meant it when you said it first to me?
And now I'm pickin' him apart

I was a fool for believing that being with you forever is true. If I could just tell him the words that you said to me. He would be shocked to say that those sweet words of yours were reused.

🎶Like cuttin' him down make you miss my wretched heart

I bet seeing him broken reminded you of me. How could you forget? You broke me. I was so deeply in love that I lost myself.

🎶I hope you're happy, but not like how you were with me

Be happy Joe, but not like when you were with me. I guess it's my fault also. We were once happy but not meant to be.

🎶I'm selfish, I know, I can't let you go
So find someone great but don't find no one better

I wish you the best in life. Don't bring him to the place that reminded you of me. He's new. Don't give him the love that you once gave to me. It's unfair for me and him.

🎶I hope you're happy, I wish you all the best, really
Say you love him, baby, just not like you loved me

Love him but not like the way you used to love me. Don't let him feel the pain the I have felt. Take care of him. Don't fail him like you failed me.

🎶And think of me fondly when your hands are on him

Think of me as a person who used to make you happy. Don't think of me when you're with him.

🎶I hope you're happy, but don't be happier

Be happy. Stay happy. Continue to be happy. As we go on to the new chapters of our life, I hope you know that the man I used to love is now just a painful memory that I couldn't forget.

I will never forget that I was once yours.

You will be in my heart, infinitely.

🌸~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~🌸
HEAR ME OUT. THIS SONG PERFECTLY FITS WITH UGETSU. I'm sharing again the pain guys. I just saw one on tiktok and it's painfully true. He deserves the best in the world. I love him so much.

The pic is from pinterest btw.

Anime Roulette:

Favorite villain?