|35|𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓫𝓪𝓻𝓫𝓮𝓺𝓾𝓮 𝐼𝐼

"

"...AND THEN THIS GIRL, MORTAL and naked as fuck runs out of his room screaming in the hallway about what a dick he is. Next thing you know she falls. Her front two teeth manage to get stuck into the wooden railing." Darrel concludes his story sending all of us into fits of laughter. The boys were telling Adrian about the time we used to stay in a fraternity. It was the first few month until we sought out the beach house.

"God that girl was crazy!" Max says.

"You sure knew how to pick them," Luke says sarcastically.

"I swear it's like a fucking disease. I always get the crazy obsessive chicks," Max says.

"That's because you always fail to see the crazy eyes," Darrel says.

"Like he even lifts his gaze of their tits to see their eyes," Derek adds in.

"That is so not true!" Max argues his case.

"Dude do you remember that girl Tiffany?" Derek asks.

"Who?"

"The girl with the double Ds."

"Oh her, yeah she was hot," Max says.

"See what I mean!" Derek points out.

"That Tiffany girl was another kind of crazy too," Luke says shaking his head.

"Yeah but her skills covered for the crazy. There's this thing she used to do with her ton-"

"Hey man." I look to my side where Kaden stands beside me. I'm silently thankful that I didn't have to hear the details of Maxxie's sex life. "Can we talk?" Kaden continues.

I knew this was going to come sooner or later. I nod to him before passing over the grilling duty to Luke. Kaden and I walked in the opposite direction from where everyone was. Step after step, the silence was daunting and awkward.

"So we're brothers now huh?" I manage to come up with.

"Yeah. Who would have thought," he shakes his head as he massages the bottom of his neck - typical Kaden move when he was nervous. It was nice to see that some things never changed.

A silent moment passes again. "Why didn't you tell me? The day we met at the bar?"

"Because I knew you hated me. I wasn't going to be the one that was going to break that news."

"Yeah I get that." I really did. We both nod and take a swig of our beers. We had stopped walking and began viewing our surroundings. There were many other families at the lake as well. Everyone laughing and enjoying their time. The sun was high in the sky, the water flowed calmly and the air smelled fresh other than the light smoke from the barbeques.

"I'm really sorry man," Kaden says bringing my attention back to him. "I know I'm pathetic after everything. I don't expect you to forgive me after what I did." I didn't know what to say. It was the first time since then that he actually apologized for everything. I wanted to hear it ever since. Now that I did it didn't make me feel the way I thought it would. I thought I needed his apology and now that I've gotten it I don't feel any different because I realized something.