|𝟫| 𝓢𝓱𝓪𝓻𝓮𝓼

WE STROLLED IN SILENCE AS we searched for Juliette's parents

WE STROLLED IN SILENCE AS we searched for Juliette's parents. We walked in circles before finding the blue colored house. A lady in her mid-40s was pacing hysterically obviously worried about her daughter.

Her entire mood changed as her eyes caught Juliette's. The blonde woman ran and wrapped her arms around Juliette, telling her how worried she was and that she was so happy to see her.

"Thank you guys so much for bringing her back to me and sorry if she was a handful, " she looked at Justin and me before hugging Juliette one more time.

"It's no problem. Juliette is a very sweet girl, " I said to her.

"I'm Diane by the way, " she held out her well-manicured hand to me. I put my hand in hers shaking it sternly.

"I'm Victoria and this is Justin." He simply nodded without saying a word.

"Thank you once again Victoria and Justin. Would you guys like to come inside?"

"Oh no we should head back. Nice to meet the both of you, " I said looking at Juliette and Diane.

"Likewise, " Diane said.

"See you around Julie, " I said pinching her cheeks.

"Yea see you around, " she quickly gave me a tight hug before we all turned in our respective directions.

Justin and I slowly strolled back to the beach. "Are you enjoying yourself at the beach?" He asked breaking our silence.

"Yes it's absolutely lovely. The beach is my favorite place in the whole world."

"How so?"

"The sound the ocean makes is peaceful and brings me relief. Also, the water really fascinates me. It's...interesting to know that water has the ability to be so powerful and yet so peaceful at the same time, " I said peeking at him. He smiled at me respecting my opinion.

"I also love the beach, " he said after a pause. "I actually convinced them to get a house by the beach. I always slept better with the soft wailing of the ocean, " he said as he looked straight ahead.

"Same, " I laughed "I actually have one of those white noise machines to play the sound of the ocean, " I admit.

"You could always stay here, " he said softly.

"Are you asking me to move in?" I asked amused.

"No, I'm saying that if you ever want to, I don't know clear your mind or get away for a weekend, our doors are open to you, " he said as he scratched his unshaven face.