|36| 𝓗𝓪𝓹𝓹𝔂 𝓑𝓲𝓻𝓽𝓱𝓭𝓪𝔂

♡︎ 𝚃𝚆𝙾 𝙼𝙾𝙽𝚃𝙷𝚂 𝙻𝙰𝚃𝙴𝚁 ♡︎

SUMMER WAS IN FULL SWING, bringing waves of balmy heat around us. The beach was filled with people. The season of bikinis, large sun hats, speedos and shorts were upon us. Men and women all running with their surfboards in hand. People were sprawled outside, getting the tan they'd be waiting for all year long. Volleyballs and Frisbees were out. Owners were taking their dogs for walks near the shore. Happiness everywhere. Summer was without a doubt my favorite season. There was just something different about it. From the the clean air to the longer days, I loved it all. And to top it off - Justin was a summer baby.

The last two months have been nothing short of perfect. I was finally done with exams and was to start my in-service as soon as summer ended. Justin and I have been spending almost everyday together. Scratch that, we've been spending everyday together. I temporarily moved in for summer. The beach house was always filled with laughter. Everyone was at home deciding to make this the best summer ever. So far it's been just that. The best summer of my life.

Justin and Kaden have patched up, mostly. Justin has even been spending time with Juliette and even Silas and Diane. My dad finally decided it was useless for him to control my life and is talking to me again.

I felt bad for leaving Emma alone at the apartment since I'd been living at the beach house so I spoke to the rest of the family and they agreed that Emma could move into Kaden's old room for the rest of summer -Emma happily agreed and moved in. Emily and Derek started dating and is practically here most of the time as well. We had tried to get Bianca to move in before Emma did but she refused, although we see her often.

Maeve and Luke weren't boyfriend and girlfriend anymore. They were now engaged! Luke finally proposed to Maeve a month ago on their fifth year anniversary. He sent her on a sort of treasure hunt. Each clue leading her to things and places that were important to their relationship. The final clue led her to the restaurant where they had their first official date. He managed to get the same table they had all those years ago. They had a romantic dinner and just before dessert Luke got down on a knee and poured his heart out. Maeve broke down into tears and said yes.

Things were simply amazing between everyone. Everyone was together and like a real family.

Justin's hand on my thigh pulled me out of my thoughts. I looked at him in the driver seat, glasses on and his hair jutting in all directions because the roof was down. He gave me a warm smile that made my stomach do little back flips. As the light turned green he gave my thigh another squeeze before letting go and taking off.

My eyes closed and I fell asleep somewhere about an hour into the drive. When I woke we were closer to our destination.

We were in Brivieria, a town about two hours away. It was useless going from beach house to lake house but Max and Maeve wouldn't take no for an answer. They'd insisted Justin needed to get out of the house and go away - I was quick to agree. Initially we were going have a party at the beach house but when Max went to invite Kaden, Kaden offered that we could visit his lake house at Brivieria for the weekend hence here we were.

Brivieria was more of a forest than a town. Variety of green filled the scenery. High trees stood tall. We passed a few houses on the way - more mansions than houses. Brivieria seemed like those type of places you'd see in movies where the mobs would hide out. It was quiet and by the distance of each house you could see that everyone kept to themselves. Kaden's lake house was towards the end of the road. The house was not visible from the road like the other houses we saw, rather it was through a back road that was paved in between the trees.