|𝟣𝟥| 𝓜𝓪𝓻𝓴𝓮𝓭

ON MY DOORSTEP STOOD PROFESSOR Monroe

ON MY DOORSTEP STOOD PROFESSOR Monroe. He was now in black jeans and a plain t-shirt with his hair still wet probably from the shower he had before he came. He glanced at my pajama's with amusement as he stood holding a bag and a container of what looked like brownies. What on earth was this sexy hunk doing at my doorstep?

Fuck me.

"That's an offer for another day Kid, " he says laughing.

"I said that out loud didn't I? " I ask gobsmacked and extremely embarrassed. "What's up?" I asked quickly trying to change the subject.

"Actually, " he hands me the bag. "I came to give you back your clothes and stuff from Friday. You forgot to take it with you. And Maeve sent you brownies, " he hands me the container.

"You didn't have to worry, thank you though. Would you like to come inside? For coffee?"

"Do you want me to?"

"I wouldn't ask if I didn't, " I say bluntly.

"That's not what I meant kid, " he says. I swear he is getting to used to calling me Kid.

"Yes I do, " I say even though I wish I knew in advance that he was coming so I could at least neaten up. "Please, come in, " I say as I walk inside. He dusts his sneakers on the carpet and swiftly walks in, looking around at everything.

Our house wasn't much but it was a temporary home. We kept it sweet, simple and sophisticated, well at least the living area and kitchen matched up to that list. The living room had light brown hardwood floors that went nicely with our white long sofa that was absolutely perfect.

We had a tiny coffee table which had a neat stack of my books and a vase with beautiful daisies Emma had bought the other day. Emma and I tried our best to keep things neat around here and we succeeded most of the time, like today thankfully.

"Make yourself comfortable I'll just put the kettle on, " I say leaving him in the middle of the living room while I go on the other side of the counter to the kitchen. I can see him looking at the photos on the walls as I put the coffee into cups.

"Is this you?" He says pointing to a picture of me when I was 6 with pigtails and two front teeth missing and was laughing with my parents on either side of me. I miss my parents. I need to phone them, I suddenly think. Normally very 2nd day my mother phones me but I haven't heard from her in 4, weird.

"Unfortunately, " I say over the kettle.

"You were very cute, " he says.

"Liar."

"No seriously. Love the pigtails, " he smiles as he looks at it again.

When the coffee is done, I find him sitting on the couch reading through a copy of the fault in our stars I had on the table. He closes it and sets it neatly when I sit beside him offering him his coffee.