|𝟣𝟩| 𝓒𝓵𝓸𝓼𝓮𝓻

I CUDDLED CLOSER TO HIS chest as he pulled the covers over our naked bodies

"You okay?" He said as he ran his fingers through my hair, comforting.

"Yes, " I smiled against his chest. I was just a little sore down there, but God was I happy.

We were quiet for a while, I lost track of time. I wasn't asleep, and neither was he. We just were.  The both of us, in the small world of his bedroom.

"Can I ask you something?" I said still pressed against his chest while my fingers outlined his abs.

"Hmm?"

"Why did you want to stay away from me? And don't say it was because I'm your student because I know that's bullshit, " I picked my head up from his chest to look at him.

He didn't look back at me, he left his gaze on the ceiling and sighed as if thinking.

"My last relationship, " he began. "It ended two years ago after we had been dating for three years." He took a deep breath and after a short moment, he continued again.

"She was everything I looked for in a woman. Beautiful, sensible, kind...all the boxes ticked. We were serious and I was even going to propose to her." The love he had for her was so transparent through his words.

"She even lived here with all of us, " he said. "Not in this room though, " he quickly added.  "After everything, Maeve swopped with me."

"What happened?" I asked.

"There was another friend of ours that lived here with us. The room you're staying in, it was his." He paused for a while, thinking.

"The day I was going to propose, I wanted to surprise her...She thought I was gone on a business trip. Everyone in the house thought that. I chose not to tell them because they were all very close with her and I knew someone would tell so it was completely an out of the blue thing." By the way, he spoke, it seemed like everyone in the house really liked this girl, whoever she was.

"So I came home, with the ring and everything...and...there I found her...fucking my so-called friend in his bedroom, " the anger and hurt heard in his voice as he spoke. Well, that girl ended up being a total bitch and his friend. Let's not go there.

My heart ached, I felt bad for Justin. To think how shattered he would have been after seeing his friend and the woman he loved having an affair behind his back.

If there was one thing I totally despised in my life, it was cheating on someone you love or well, loved. I always believe that if you "fall out of love" with someone, you should always tell them and not cheat. It was the ultimate sin if you ask me. Justin didn't deserve to be cheated on, no one did.

I inched forward and put a kiss to his soft lips. "I'm sorry, " I say as he kept his eyes on mine.

"Why are you apologizing for? You didn't do anything, " he put a loose hair behind my ear as he kept eye contact with me.