|40| 𝓑𝓪𝓬𝓴 𝓽𝓸 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓫𝓮𝓰𝓲𝓷𝓷𝓲𝓷𝓰

FIRST STOP - MY HOUSE

FIRST STOP - MY HOUSE. I could practically hear my heart thumping against my chest as I neared my house. I was astoundingly excited to see him. I hadn't realized just how much I missed him. I wanted nothing more than to run into his arms and tell him how sorry I was.

All excitement was lost to me as I noticed that my front yard lacked a certain black Chevrolet impala -and the green-eyed man that owned it for that matter. I parked on the side of the road and pulled out my phone from my bag, which by some miracle was still alive. Dozens of calls from everyone, including Justin, lit my notifications. However, they were no calls in the last hour.

I dialed Justin and waited. There was no answer. I tried again and again before giving up. I phoned my mother in hopes that he might have gone there.

"Hey Honey. Did you speak to him?" My mother's voice blared through the speakers within seconds.

"I can't find him, mom. I was hoping he stopped by?"

"No one came here. Was he not at the beach house?"

"No," I growl in frustration. "They said he went looking for me. I don't know where else he'd be."

"If only there's a place he would go to feel closer to you," she says, her voice saturated in sarcasm. I could imagine her eyes rolling at me.

"Thanks, mom! You're a genius!" I quickly hang up and make my way to college. I couldn't help but wonder if he'd actually be there but I had to find out. The roads were quiet considering it was a Sunday so I made it there in no time.

The guard at the gates instantly recognize me and let me through. I sigh in relief as I notice his car sitting in the parking lot. I shuffle out of the car as fast as I could. He wasn't in his car and I prayed that I'd find him where I expected him to be.

I almost fall a dozen times I run to the back of the building. College was scary silent, way too deserted for my liking. The sound of my footsteps echoed against the walls in a spooky way which made me run all that faster. When I reached the top of the hill, behind the building, it was deserted just like the rest of the campus. I hold onto my knees as I try to get my heart rate in order and my breathing back to normal.

I stare into the orange sky where the sun had begun to set. I want to admire it but it seemed uncaptivating without him by my side. I dropped my head in defeat and as I began turning away a warm hand touched my shoulders causing goosebumps to rise on my arm. I didn't have to turn around to know who it was, I could smell his spicy scent from here.

Still, I hesitantly turned around to face him. I don't know how he managed to look good all the time. His skin glowed a golden colour as the setting sun hit against his skin. Now that was a captivating sight. I couldn't help the smile that formed on my lips as his beautiful green eyes locked on mine.

My smile was quick to fade as I realized there was so much I needed to say. So much I needed to fix. "I'm so sorry for not trusting you. I'm sorry for storming out without listening to what you had to say. I'm so sorry fo—"