|25| 𝓞𝓵𝓭 𝓕𝓮𝓮𝓵𝓲𝓷𝓰𝓼

RED

RED.

That's all I saw once I noticed Kaden waltz in with Mia clinging to his arm like a damn trophy.

Everything I wished to forget began replaying in my head.

I remembered everything — the red dress she wore when we first met, our first kiss, the first time we said we loved each other. I even remembered how nervous and excited I was the day I was going to propose to her. But what I remembered the most, was the way I felt when I first caught them together.

That same hurt, that same anger was ignited once again. I wanted to rip both of them apart. I never understood how they could have betrayed me like that, up till today, two years later I still don't.

Victoria being here was the only thing keeping that one percent of sanity I had left.

I wasn't jealous, not anymore but I was furious that I was betrayed by two people who meant everything to me.

I knew Kaden for longer than I even knew Max and that said a lot. He was like the brother I never had. He was there with me through everything. Hell, he was the first person I told everything to. He was the first person who I told about my idea to propose. I didn't tell him when, I didn't tell anyone when but he knew I was going to.

He was so excited for me when I had told him. His exact words were, "Holy fuck brother! You know normally I would tell you and well anyone for that matter, that marriage is a all a bunch of lies but fuck, you and Mia are meant for each other! If anyone can make marriage work, it will be you. I'm so fucking ecstatic for you bro!" he said exactly that before embracing me.

Little did I know a month from then I would catch him in bed with the woman I loved. I felt disgusted seeing them in bed, his hand all over her bod—

Suddenly my thoughts were brought to an end when Maeve came to me telling me we needed to go. We were on our way out when Kaden stopped us midway.

"Guys! Wow! What a pleasant surprise. Why are you all leaving my club so early," he said. My blood was boiling even more now. Seeing him, smiling at me like nothing happened. I wanted to punch that grin of his face. I wanted to pull every single limb from his body... But I couldn't. Especially not with Victoria here. She intertwined her fingers into mine, looking at me hesitantly.

She was scared. Of me. I didn't want her to fear me. I had to keep my anger in check.

"Kaden," I acknowledged the man in front of me steely.

"Justin," The blonde woman who hung to Kaden's hand said, her voice filled with what one would confuse for embarrassment and guilt.

"Mia." I spit out her name like it's venom. I hadn't said her name in two damn years and frankly I wished I didn't have to say it. This was the first time I saw her or even him in two years. I didn't think I'd ever bump into them again. I didn't want to bump into them after that whole incident.