|39|𝓤𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓼𝓽𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰

I HAVE TO ADMIT, I assumed my father would give me the whole I told you so speech once I told him what happened but to my amazement he didn't

I HAVE TO ADMIT, I assumed my father would give me the whole I told you so speech once I told him what happened but to my amazement he didn't. I didn't even have to tell him. The moment I sauntered through the doors of my parent's house, my father took one look at me -puffy eyes and all, and knew that I had gotten my heartbroken. He just took me into his arms and promised me that everything was going to be fine. I didn't know how much I need his comfort until that moment.

"Love, who was it at the door?" my mother comes out of the kitchen yet to notice me. When my father lets go of me and steps aside her calm, happy mood churns into worry. "Oh, honey. Come here," she wraps her arms around me and the tears I'd did well to hold had freed from my eyes. "It's okay," she whispered as she caressed my hair. Her voice so soft, so melodious I nearly believe for a moment that I was okay.

My dad leaves us once my mother ushers me to sit in the living room. She'd just brewed some tea, I wasn't a fan but took a cup anyway because it reminded me so much of home. My mother doesn't say a word until my tears came to a stop and I could finally breathe again. The hot tea did well to calm my nerves.

"Do you want to tell me what happened?" She asks her voice low, the hand on my shoulder ensuring me that I could talk to her but also telling me that I had a choice and if I didn't want to talk about it she'd understand.

I began from the beginning, telling my mother about what a lovely weekend we were having. Tears flowed uncontrollably as I told her about Justin and Emma. She never said a word, she simply always kept a warm hand on my shoulder or held my hand, or even caressed my hair. I watch her eyebrows knit together more and more each time as I go from Justin and Emma to what Adrian had done. She traced her soft fingers over the red markings that were still on my wrists like some sort of branding.

"I don't know what to do Mom. Everything just fell apart today. I don't know what to do," She pulled me into her arms as I cried harder. I realize that my tears were soaking into the sundress she's wearing and quickly pull away, dabbing the under of my eyes with the tissue in my hand. "I'm sorry," I refer to her dress.

"It's okay, Honey," she half laughs before her face softens. I expect to see pity in her eyes, I find none. My mother would never pity me. She raised me to be strong, to handle anything. I can't help but feel she may be disappointed that I'm in this state but she doesn't look at me in distaste. Her eyes still gleam with affection, once again something I didn't know I needed. "I don't mean to sound bias or anything but I don't believe that Justin would cheat on you."

"I know what I saw, mom. He was kissing her."

"Are you sure you saw what actually happened?" my mother lets go of my hand and sits back as if waiting for me to get the point she was attempting to prove. I didn't get it.

"I know that I saw him kiss her. Are you not listening to what I'm telling you?" My mother scoffs.

"Have you learned nothing from me?" she asks rhetorically. "Sometimes in life we see what we want to see."