𝓟𝓻𝓸𝓵𝓸𝓰𝓾𝓮

♡︎ 𝚃𝚆𝙾 𝚈𝙴𝙰𝚁𝚂 𝙰𝙶𝙾 ♡︎
𝐽𝑢𝑠𝑡𝑖𝑛

THE HAMMERING IN MY HEAD became worse as I stepped out of the house. The sun excruciating to my eyes. I winced in pain, mentally swearing myself for drinking a night before the first day of college. Who was I kidding, I've been drinking everyday for the past three months. I've been drowning my sorrows everyday since I caught them together.

I slipped into my car — that was more like my baby than just a car. I started the ignition and made my way to college. This behavior would have been acceptable (to me) years ago when I was in college - as a student - but now I was a professor and looking like a zombie on day one wasn't exactly ideal. But fuck it.

I pulled off in the reserved parking and made sure the collar of my shirt was down and my tie was straight. (Which it was.) I ran my hands through my hair trying to neaten it as much as I could. (Which wasn't a lot) that's the thing about having untameable curly hair like I did, it'll always be messy no matter what.

Heads were already turning as I jumped off and made my way to my classroom, briefcase in hand. From the flirty eyes I was getting from the girls I could tell that they weren't looking at me because I was a walking zombie. They didn't know I was a professor —or even though they did, they didn't hide the fact that they were eye fucking me like I was a mobile dildo. The attention was appreciated but it wasn't like I was going to get involved with a student. It was against the rules of the college and it felt wrong to even think about a student like that.

I deliberately ditched the normal assembly they have every first day to welcome the students and what not. I never ever go to those. It was boring and a waste of time considering the students never ever paid attention. And I definitely was not going to go to it today of all days when my hangover was this bad. Instead I made a cup of coffee in my secret little kitchen in the tiny room attached to my class. After chugging the hot beverage I was almost back to normal and as ready as I'll ever be for my first lesson.

As if on queue, students began walking into the class. I was assigned to freshmen as my first lesson and was already mentally prepared for them to look at me weirdly because I was so young. Too young to be a professor anyway. It was only my second year as a professor as if it even counts considering I'd been more like a project last year. I had just finished my engineering degree last year when the headmaster offered me a job as a professor. I saw it as a good opportunity and so I took it, making me a very, very young professor.

I waited patiently as the students strolled in. That's when I first saw her. The sun hit against her skin making it glow around her as if she were an angel. Her dark brown hair cascaded around her shoulders. Her eyes a pretty brown, like a cross between whiskey and chocolate. Her blue dress clung to her body like a glove. She was petite but had slight curves in the right places. She offered me a small smile before moving further into the class to find a seat. I had almost forgotten to breathe.

What am I even thinking? I run my hands through my hair, slightly frustrated. I couldn't be thinking like this about my students. I shook of the unwelcome thoughts trying to ignore the fact that I might have had a glimpse of an angel. Like I've seen light after so long. Light being hope that I wouldn't always be as miserable as I was right now.

But looking at her — it was wrong. And that one look had to be enough. I was a professor. She was my student. End of story.

Or was it?