|38| 𝓒𝓸𝓷𝓯𝓾𝓼𝓲𝓸𝓷

ONE OF THE WORST THINGS about getting your heart broken is the excruciating, unwelcomed pain that comes hand in hand with it

ONE OF THE WORST THINGS about getting your heart broken is the excruciating, unwelcomed pain that comes hand in hand with it. As if the emotional pain wasn't enough our brain insists that we feel our hearts being plunged with a dagger.

The waterfall of tears threatened not to stop running because that feeling in my chest refused to ease up. My fingers that rested in my lap trembled as I chocked out sobs. I hated crying in front of anyone but this time was different because I couldn't suppress it.

I felt stupid. Stupid for trusting Justin. Stupid for loving him. Stupid for thinking my best friend would never back stab me. And really stupid for crying over him.

In through the nose, out through the mouth. I wiped away the fresh tears with tissue I found in my purse. The white tissue soaked through, drenching with my tears and the smudges of mascara. I probably looked like a train wreck. Hell I felt like a train wreck.

Sometime along the drive the tears finally stopped. We've been driving for an hour or maybe longer, I have no clue. Adrian and I hadn't said a word to each other and I was thankful that he wasn't attempting to make conversation. The radio was off leaving the silence to linger between us. That's when I realized that Adrian was basically going through what I am, he's just better at handling it.

"How do you do that?" I wonder out aloud making him pass a glance to me. My own voice sounds foreign to me, it's all shakey and as unstable as my current state.

"Do what?"

"Handle all of this so well?" handle the fact that your girlfriend cheated on you?

"I'm angry and she's not worth my tears. And he's not worth your tears either," he says plainly.

"You were right you know. About how I didn't know him and that I should have let him go." I say, remembering the conversation Adrian and I had after Mia and Kaden came back into Justin's life. My throat tightens and the tears well up in my eyes, I should have let him go.

Adrian doesn't say anything and i silently thank him for not pointing at me and saying I told you so.

I rest my head against the window. I have to shut my eyes because the green trees I see remind me of his eyes. I wish sleep would take me but it doesn't, instead I think about him. Everything was going so well between us. Everything was falling into place and now...

I had to open my eyes when the image of Justin and Emma popped in my head. I couldn't handle all the thinking, the silence suddenly had become suffocating so I pressed on the radio and when I heard say you won't let go by James Arthur break through our silence I felt like screaming. Memories of the first time we slow danced replayed in my head. I nearly smile remembering how he sang but then I remembered his lips on Emma's.