Clingy

TW:
None

Kokichi's POV:

   I wake up to weight on my stomach. It's still dark outside, so I glance at the clock before closing my eyes again. It's about four in the morning. I feel what's on my stomach and I feel a head, Shuichi's head to be exactly. He has his hands wrapped around my waist and his head resting on my stomach. I smile a little bit before stroking his hair. He didn't come home from work for a while, I open my eyes again and notice Shuichi still in his work clothes. I continue to stroke his hair before I fall back to sleep myself.

A few hours later, our alarm goes off and I quickly shut it off. My hand still rests on Shuichi's head, and his body hasn't moved, only little snores indicate that he's still alive. I smile before shifting my legs to show Shuichi that I'm awake. Shuichi's eyes close tighter. I poke his nose and he lift's his head all the way up. "Come on, Shumai, we have to get up." I say.

Shuichi groans and grabs onto me, tighter. "No." Was the only answer I got. I smile and sigh before shaking him again. "Come on, Shu, we need to go shopping." I say sitting up. Shuichi shifts so that he's laying on my legs. He closes his eyes again, trying to sleep. I run my fingers through his navy purple hair. "We can take a nice hot shower before we go." I say. Shuichi shakes his head before resting on my legs again. "Come on, Shu, please?"

"No, I'm tired." Shuichi says putting his legs on top of mine. I won't lie, seeing Shuichi this clingy is adorable. "Can't we just sleep all day?"

"As much as I want to, sweetheart, we have no food. We can make it quick. Go to the store, get lunch, and come home."

"Promise?" Shuichi finally lifts his head up to face me.

"Yes, Shumai, would I lie to you?" I respond holding his cheeks.

"Yes." Shuichi responds with no hesitation. I gasp, offended. "How dare you!" I exclaim making fake tears well my eyes. "W-Wait, please don't cry! I can't tell if they're f-fake or not this time!" Shuichi panics. I move my hands from his cheeks and wipe my eyes. I start giggling and Shuichi huffs in return. I smile and move Shuichi off of me. "Come on, you big baby." I say standing up. I pull Shuichi up with me and kiss him. "Come on, we'll get a hot shower." I take Shuichi's hand and lead him into the bathroom. Shuichi nods, tiredly.

   Shuichi and I strip down before standing under the hot water. "So what time did you come home last night?" I ask hugging Shuichi from behind. "Around two, maybe three, but I didn't fall asleep until three-thirty." Shuichi explains. God, I hate it when he works this late. Shuichi spins around in my arms before hugging me. "Awe, what's this? My beloved Shumai hugging me?"

"I had a bad day." Shuichi admits resting his head against my shoulder. Shuichi slumps and I hug him tighter with a look of sympathy. "Awe, what happened?" I ask letting go of him. I grab the shampoo and spin around so that my back is facing Shuichi. He likes to wash my hair, so I always let him.

He starts rubbing the soap in while explaining his day. "There was a couple, his boyfriend went missing and we found him dead three days later." Shuichi explains. "So, instinctively, I started to worry about you, so I let everyone else handle the family while I came home to you."

"Awe, Shu! You know that'll never happen to me! I'm too smart and annoying for that!" I say energetically. Shuichi spins me around and kisses my cheek before moving my head under the water. "I love you."

"Love you too, Shumai."

Shuichi and I finish up in the shower and get ready to go out to the store. I lead Shuichi outside to the car and let him drive. He starts the car and puts a hand on my thigh. I take his hand and hold it on my thigh. "I'm okay, Shuichi. Nothing like that will ever happen to me, and that's a promise." I reassure Shuichi. With his job comes a curse, he's always worried and that doesn't help his anxiety one bit. Shuichi nods and starts driving off to the store.