Cuddles

I'm depressed and on my period, so here's fluff! :)
A little bit of gore and a mention of  rape! (Not an actual scene)

Kokichi's POV:

    I talk on the phone with DICE as I start to wind down for the night, a small glass of wine in my hand. "Yeah, and Shuichi told me not to, but I did it anyways." I giggle. I sip on my wine before setting it it on the dresser next to the bed. "No, no I-." I try to respond, but I hear a little cry come from downstairs. 

"Guys, I'll be back." I mute myself and slip my phone in my pocket before tiptoeing downstairs. I peak around the corner to the kitchen and see Shuichi. He's leaned over the counter with his head in his hands, and he's crying silently. 

I walk over to him and rest my hand on his back. Shuichi jumps at first, but quickly pulls me into a hug. He slumps over on my shoulders, now sobbing. "Awe, Shu, what's wrong?" 

"I-I-I'm sorry." Shuichi cries. I rub circles on Shuichi's back, soothingly. What happened? Shuichi never cries like this! 

"Shh, you don't need to apologize. Everything's okay." I whisper to Shuichi. He hiccups and I gently pull away from him so that I can look at him. "You poor, baby... what happened?" I tilt Shuichi's chin so that he's looking at me. 

"There was a m-missing girl about a w-week ago. Tonight we found her b-body. She- She was only six years old! She had her eyes g-gouged out, her fingernails w-were torn off, her face was beaten and b-bruised, and she had m-multiple stab wounds on her torso and u-upper body." Shuichi explains, still crying. That's awful... just the description makes me wanna cry. 

"Awe, Shuichi. I'm so sorry." I say, trying to comfort him. I'm not exactly sure what to do. I love Shuichi so much, and I sometimes wish he was never a detective. He's mentally damaged from it. 

"I-I-." Shuichi stammers. I pull his head back on my shoulder. I sway back and forth while petting Shuichi's head, until Shuichi's sobbing is reduced to hiccups.

"It's okay... c'mon, you wanna get a warm bath?" I ask Shuichi. He slightly nods. I smile, sadly and lead Shuichi back upstairs.

    I set the water to a warmer temp and let the tub fill as Shuichi sits on the bed, looking down at the floor. I stand up and walk back over to him. "Shuichi, it's alright, you're home now." 

"I know, I just..." Shuichi trails off, shakily. I sit next to him for a moment. 

"It's okay, why don't you call off for the next couple days and we can cuddle, watch movies, or even take a damn vacation somewhere." I suggest. Shuichi nods before hugging me. 

"I love you, Kokichi." He says into my shoulder. 

"I love you too, Shushu." I respond, pecking Shuichi's cheek. He smiles and I walk back to the bathroom. I grab a wine bottle, glasses, candles. I light the candles, and pour each of us wine before stopping the water. I dump some bubbles in the tub before waving Shuichi into the bathroom. 

We both sink down in the tub, me in between Shuichi's legs. He rests his head on my shoulder, and I take a sip of wine. "How many glasses have you had?" Shuichi asks. 

"This is my second one, but I didn't even finish the first one." I explain. Shuichi nods and grabs his own wine glass. He starts almost chugging it. I tilt the cup down a little bit to make Shuichi stop drinking. 

"No, no, don't get drunk because then you'll have a bad hangover." I say. Shuichi nods, agreeing with me. I sigh and kiss the back of Shuichi's hand. 

"I love you." I tell Shuichi. He smiles and kisses my forehead. 

"I love you too, darling." Shuichi replies. I love Shuichi so much and I just wish that I could take all of his pain away. He makes good money, but I worry for his mental health! Shuichi doesn't deserve to have awful mental health again. It was hell the first missing child's case!

Shuichi came home and cried for hours, and I couldn't get him off the couch for two days! The child was 14, she was beaten, and there was signs of rape. She was found alive, and she's okay to this day! Shuichi still blamed himself for not getting there sooner. He was so upset about the whole thing. I tried to ease and help him, but he would always shoo me away. I'm just glad that he came to me this time instead of acting like a zombie on the couch. 

     After some time and another glass of wine, Shuichi and I get out of the bathtub. Shuichi wraps a towel around me before kissing my neck, gently. I smile and spin around to kiss Shuichi on the lips. He smiles into the kiss before embracing me. 

"Let's cuddle, and fall asleep! We can just relax, and sip tea instead of wine?" I suggest. Shuichi nods, smiling. "There's that smile, I know and love." 

Shuichi blushes a little bit as I move hair away from his eyes. He smiles before leading me back to the bedroom. 

I get dressed in my boxers and one of Shuichi's shirts, and Shuichi puts on his boxers and one of his own shirts. 

"You love stealing my shirts, don't you?" Shuichi asks, chuckling. 

"You know it!" I respond. Shuichi chuckles before patting my head.

"I'm gonna go make some tea, I'll be back." Shuichi says, leaving the room. I nod and sit back on the bed before picking up my phone. Shit! I'm still on the FaceTime call with DICE! And I wasn't fucking muted! Are you shitting me?!

"Um..." I trail off. "I wasn't fucking muted..." 

"No you weren't! But it was so cute! We muted so that we could listen to you and see how cute you two were!" Ayano exclaims, excitedly. 

"It was kinda cute." Hana says. 

"I mean, you two aren't boring, that's for sure." Toshayo says. 

"Okay, I'm leaving now, I'll talk to you people tomorrow." I sigh. I hang up the phone and set it on the dresser. I sit against the headboard and Shuichi comes back with our tea. 

                                                                                            ~
    Shuichi and I lie down in bed, Shuichi has his arms around me and his cheek rests on my head. I wrap my arms around Shuichi and hug him close. 

"Shushu, I couldn't ask for a better husband." I say. 

"Me neither, Kokichi, I love you." Shuichi replies. I smile and close my eyes. 

"I love you too, Shuichi." 

Shuichi pets my hair as I feel really drowsy. He starts humming softly while kissing my forehead. I let myself go limp as I relax more. I listen to Shuichi's soft humming until I fall asleep. 

I love Shuichi, so, so much.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sorry it's a bit short! :/