A Simple Rose

I apologize in advance.

It's' been a few days, Kokichi. I miss you a lot... we all do. I wish you hadn't taken your own life, I wish I could've helped! But, I do know that you never would've let me help. I still love you, and I'm not mad. I never was. That's why I'm sitting here right now at your gravestone. I'm glad your wishes included, 'Future husband of Shuichi Saihara'. It really meant a lot to me. I haven't really stopped loving you. I can't seem to get over you. I want to see your beautiful smile again, and your big purple eyes again... just one more time.

I miss you so much, but I have something here. I was going to give this to you the night you were found, but I never got the chance. Here's the purple rose that made me think of you. It's a little wilted now, my apologies, Kichi. You always meant so much to me, sweetheart. Your laugh was intoxicating, and I could never stay mad, even when you pranked the living hell out of us. I won't lie, I did get a little kick out of when you played the cupcakke song deepthroat during Kaito's science presentation. I miss laughing like that... I miss kissing you, holding you, laughing with you, and most of all I miss our love. I choose to believe you still love me, just in another place.

Well, Kichi, I have to go now. I love you, and I'll never foget you...
           -Sincerely,
Your beloved Saihara-chan

I leave the note with the rose before standing up. I walk forward a few steps, wiping my tears before feeling a slight breeze on the back of my neck. I turn around quickly only to see the rose gone, and the note sticking to the gravestone. Kokichi?!

I fall to my knees, and start crying again. "K-Kokichi." I cry, kneeling in front of his grave stone. "You're here... I love you so much. Please come back... come back, please!"

"Please, I need you. I'll always need you..."