Scars

TW:
Cutting

Kokichi's POV:

    The blade pierces my skin as I press down with the pocket knife, blood spilling out of my skin as the blade cuts further and further on my forearm. My eyes close as I get used to the pain. I make four cuts on my left arm, three cuts on the right. I sigh and drop my pocket knife on the bathroom floor. I slump down on the wall of the bathroom.

Drip...

Drip...

Drip...

The blood trickles down my arms before dripping on the ground. I feel tired, but somewhat relieved. I'm nothing but a useless liar! Kirumi died yesterday, and she would hate me so much. The thought of Kirumi makes my heart sink. Kirumi was like the mother I never had. I want her back. I start to cry, hugging my knees to my chest.

"I'm sorry Rantaro and Kirumi! I couldn't save you." I cry quietly. Rantaro was like an older brother to me. Rantaro was the one who told me I should just confess my love to Shuichi.

Shuichi...

Shuichi is perfect. I've never met a more perfect guy! Everything about him is perfect! His navy hair, his golden eyes, and his kind and gentle smile. I calm down at the thought of Shuichi. My sobbing reduces to hiccups. I have about fifteen minutes to clean this shit up before dinner, I should get started.

I quickly wipe up the blood and rinse it in the bathroom sink. I hurry to put my shirt on, a little bit of blood seeping through. I don't think much of it though. It doesn't look all that concerning. Plus nobody would give a shit. I'm nothing but a lying, stupid, unwanted nuisance.

I go to put on some concealer to cover my eyebags, but I'm interrupted by a knock at the door. I quickly kick my knife behind the bathroom door before answering the dorm-room. "Coming!" I call out as the person knocks for a second time.

I quickly run to the door and open it to see Shuichi. "Shumai! Hi!" I exclaim. Shuichi tilts his head at me before cupping my cheeks.

"Kokichi, what's wrong? Your eyes don't look good! Are you sick?" Shuichi asks. I silently curse myself for forgetting the rest of the concealer.

"I'm alright, Shu. Don't worry about it." I say, casually tucking my arms behind my head. I close my eyes for a second as my arms hurt.

"Kokichi, you really don't look good..." Shuichi mutters. I sigh and roll my eyes. "Shumai, Shumai, Shumai, always so worried about me."

"Kokichi, you weren't at dinner, and you look sickly, what is wrong?" Shuichi asks as he caresses my cheek. My cheeks dust a slight pink, but I push it aside.

"Wait, I missed dinner?" I mutter, more to myself. I glance behind me at my alarm clock and notice I was actually laying on the floor for almost half an hour. I thought I was laying there for only ten minutes?!

"Are you okay? I'm worried about you Kokichi." Shuichi brushes hair out of my eyes. I slowly lower my arms.

"I'm... fine." I reply, my mask starting to shatter. Damn Shuichi and his kind and caring nature!

"You're not okay! Please talk to me, I promise that you can trust me." Shuichi says. I glance back in my room, looking at my board. Is Shuichi really trustworthy? This should be illegal! I want to trust him, so badly!

"I said I'm okay..." I respond looking down. Shuichi's eyes are trained somewhere else. He pushes me forward a little bit until we're in my room. He closes the door behind him before standing in front of me again.