Choices

Kokichi's POV:

       "Kokichi, let me go." Shuichi struggles against the handcuffs that bind his hands behind his back.

"I don't want to though~" I reply with a giggle. I caught Shuichi trying break into my hideout and rummage through my stuff. DICE alerted me immediately and I caught him. "You did a bad thing, Shushu."

Shuichi sighs in defeat, leaning back in the chair he's bound to. "You're a fucking wanted criminal. I saw an opportunity and took it." Shuichi explains. My head tilts to the side as I walk towards Shuichi.

He looks up at me with adoring eyes. "Shuichi, my dear, I love you, but trying to go through my shit? really?" I crouch in front of Shuichi and rest my hands on his knees. He looks down at me with guilt and nervousness. "Listen, I know you're a detective and love your job, but I can give you everything you want and more. Just quit working with the stupid FF."

I stand up and walk behind Shuichi. He knows better than to do this shit. I'm sick of Shuichi's job dictating our relationship. It's horse shit and I don't like it.

I set Shuichi free and he rubs his wrist before stepping in front of me. I hate that I love him so much, he can totally fuck my life up. Shuichi looks down at me before hugging me.

"I'm sorry, I won't do it again."

"Shuichi, I love you and I never wanted it to come to this, but I need you to choose your job or me..."

"That's not fair." Shuichi retracts his arms and I instantly crave them again. He doesnt understand. I grab his hands gently and kiss his knuckles.

"It's really not." real tears flood my eyes as Shuichi looks down at me. He moves his hands to my face and cups my cheeks.

"I really don't— I dont know what to do. What should I do?" Shuichi asks, tears flooding his eyes as well.

"Shuichi, you'll live such a good life with me. I have money, you can work in my organization doing identical work if you please, I'll love and care for you till the end of time!" I plead my case to Shuichi. Shuichi rests his hands on my shoulders as he looks down at the floor, his face blank.

"But, my uncle trusted me with the job." Shuichi replies. "Everyone will hate me."

"Shuichi, we have so many supporters. We have the support of half the damn town!" I reply, moving my hand to his cheek. I brush a piece of hair out of his face. Shuichi lifts his head to look at me.

I stand taller and plant a soft, and reassuring kiss on Shuichi's lips. "Please, come with me." a tear slips from my eye as my voice breaks. Shuichi debates his decision, resting his forehead against mine as tears fall from him eyes.

"Kokichi I..." Shuichi trails off before backing away from me. My heart sinks as he looks away from me. "Will you marry me?"

What.

"Huh?" I reply, absolutely dumbfounded. Shuichi turns around and drops on one knee. His face is red, eyes filled with tears.

"If you marry me, I'll stay here with you." Shuichi replies as he takes my hand. I begin to cry as I nod my head.

"Of course I'll marry you!" I pull Shuichi to his feet and wrap my arms around him. "I've wanted this for so long."

Shuichi starts sobbing in my arms. "I love you so much." Shuichi starts repeating himself, hugging me tighter and tighter. I know this will be hard on him, but so many people want to hurt Shuichi, all because he has to work against me. At least with me, he's protected, loved, and happy.

~
6 months later...

"Shumai!" I exclaim tossing him the stolen ruby. The cops are too hot on my ass for me to have it. Shuichi catches the beautiful jewel, running faster and faster. I giggle as I look ahead.

A massive open window is in front of me and Shuichi. As we run, Shuichi looks back at me, a questioning look on his face. I smile and nod giving him the signal to run to the window. There's no other way out.

The cops continue to shout at us as we run to the window, full speed. Once we reach it, we pause. Shuichi looks concerned, but I put on a good ass show.

"The gig is up, Kokichi. You're surrounded!" The maincop exclaims. She has long pastel-purple hair, tied back by a simple black ribbon. Kyoko Kirigiri is so fucking annoying.

"Whatever you say, dipshit. See you may have me surrounded, but I've got a— drum roll please!"

Shuichi starts patting his legs while giggling.

"I have a bomb!" I exclaim pulling a small 'bomb remote' out from my pocket. Kyoko and the entire police force step away from me with a gasp. "That's right bitches! Now, here's how this is gonna go. You are going to let us go or else you go kaboom!"

"Kokichi, cut the bullshit." Kyoko replies, her voice remains cold, but she's clearly worried.

"It's not bullshit~" My tone drop to a menacing one as Shuichi glances at me.

"Fuck you." Kyoko says through gritted teeth. Grinning wildly, I grab Shuichi's hand.

"You will fall, Kyoko, make no mistake."

"I don't think so."

"Everyone in this town let's other's go hungry on the streets, even you. We're done sitting back and letting those on top slowly kill them."

Kyoko goes to argue, but nothing comes out. She knows I'm right.

"Well, this has been fun, but we have to go. Later, Kyoko!" I exclaim happily as Shuichi grabs the grappling hook from my bag.

Shuichi and I jump out of the 50th story window, Shuichi falling first so that he can catch me. Shuichi suddenly stops us by using the grappling hook. It grips on top of the roof and Shuichi and I slide the rest of the way down, diamond in hand.

"Nothing like one last heist before I make you my husband." I say to Shuichi, pecking his cheek.

"I'm so excited for tomorrow." Shuichi replies. I smile at him before grabbing his hand and taking off. Police will be on our ass if we dont go.

       I stare in the mirror at my white suit, tilting my head to the side. The wedding's in an hour, and I need this to be perfect, not even for me, but for him.

"Kokichi, you look amazing! Stop worrying! Even Atua says not to worry." My best friend, Angie Yonaga says. She supports my cause, but she treats it more like a cult. I don't really mind though. She's the minister at my wedding as well. She organized everything.

"Thanks, Angie. I just want this to be perfect for him."

"It will be! Now go, you need to be at the alter soon!"

"An hour!"

"Still! let's go!"

~
"I take you, Shuichi Saihara, to be my lawfully wedded husband; in sickness and in health; for better, for worse, till death do us part." Tears prick my eyes as Shuichi and I finish up our vows as I put a ring on his finger. Shuichi's dressed in an all black suit to match our black and white themed wedding. He's so breathtaking. I love this man with all my heart.

"And I take you, Kokichi Ouma, to be my lawfully wedded husband; in sickness and in health; for better, for worse, till death do us part." Shuichi's voice breaks at the end as a tear falls down his cheek. He slips the silver ring on my finger, a smile on his face.

"By the power vested in me and atua, we pronouce you husband and husband! You may now kiss!" Angie exclaims happily. The forty guests that came began clapping and hollering for us as Shuichi holds the back of my head. His lips connect to mine as he dips me.

Shuichi lifts me back up and I can't help but smile. "I made the right choice." Shuichi says.

"I know, my love." I reply, giggling.

"I love you." Shuichi says.

"I love you too...."

~
HEY HI MERRY CHRISTMAS! ILL PUBLISH A CHRISTMAS SPECIAL ON ONE OF MY STORIES