Breakdown

Kokichi's POV: 

      I walk down the hallway before reaching Shuichi's dorm. I haven't been to see my boyfriend today, so I figured I'd come see him now. I know he misses me so much. Y'know, even though I just saw him less than ten hours ago, I bet he's crying about missing me already. I turn the knob to his room and open the door. As soon as I walk in, I heard loud crying. 

"Fuck it, fuck this, fuck everything!" Shuichi exclaims as he throws a pillow at the wall. I slowly walk in, Shuichi's back to me. 

"Shuichi? You okay, love?" I ask, concern laced in my tone. Shuichi immediately sits up from his bed before wiping his eyes. 

"Damn it, now you have to walk in on this shit and see me like this. What the hell else could go wrong today?!" Shuichi yells at no one in particular. I sigh and sit down next him on the bed. 

"Shushu, you know I don't care about seeing you cry. It's not embarrassing." I reassure Shuichi, putting a hand on his back. Instantly Shuichi starts sobbing, almost screaming again. I have never seen my poor baby like this. Ever. 

"Shh... I've got you, sweetheart." I whisper, petting Shuichi's head. He grips onto my arm, gasping for air as his sobbing makes him grow light-headed. I lean him upright again before standing up to get him some water. "Here, baby, you need to breathe and try to relax." I hand Shuichi a water bottle from his mini-fridge. Shuichi doesn't drink it though, instead he stands up and hugs me as tight as he can. 

"Aw, baby, what happened?" I ask, my worry growing. Shuichi coughs, letting his legs give out. I'm the only thing that holds him up as he cries. He grips onto my shirt, drenching it in tears. What the hell happened?!

    After about half an hour of Shuichi throwing pillows and screaming, he finally calms down. I run my fingers through his navy hair, hushing him. He only shakes, hiccuping ever so often. He yawns as I rock him back and forth. "What happened, sweetheart?" I ask, gently lifting his head. I hold and caress his cheek as he looks up at me. His lip quivers for a second before he puts his head back on my shoulder. 

"I hate my parents so much. I hate them so fucking much, Kokichi." Shuichi says, his voice cracking. I've known about his issues with his parents for awhile. They're always pushing him past his limits, making him be the best. "Th-They said that if I don't g-get a well paying j-job this quarter that they're pu-pulling me out of Hopes Peak." 

Oh hell no. 

"Let me find you a job. I can-." I offer. Shuichi shakes his head before setting it back down on my shoulder. 

"No, no, let me find one on my own." I hate how independent Shuichi is. I swear to God he never accepts my help. 

"Come on, Shuichi! I'm your boyfriend who can call and get you a job right now working for my family's business. You and I both know my mother's tech line would love to have you work there. My mom loves you!" I exclaim, pulling Shuichi on to my lap. He looks up at me with his golden-grey, tear filled eyes. I smile and kiss away the few tears rolling down his cheeks. His face is beat red from all the crying. 

"It'll all be okay, shh..." I hold his head against my chest. Shuichi sighs shakily, nodding. We sit like this for a rather extended amount of time until Shuichi feels like deadweight on me. His breathing's steady paced, and he looks peaceful. He must be sleeping. 

"Hey, Shuichi, I have- Kokichi?" The door to Shuichi's room opens to reveal Kaede and Maki. Shuichi and I are facing the door now, Shuichi's back to them. 

"Shh, what's up?" I ask, still rocking. They both look at each other with a look of confusion. 

"I just wanted to let him know I have our project ready to work on. What happened?" Kaede asks, referring to Shuichi on my lap. My hand hasn't stopped stroking his hair.