Chapter 29 - Peace

This particular chapter is quite short. I tried to make an update during my semester, but all I managed was a few lines here and there. I honestly has zero to none ideas for this chapter and the writers block didn't help either, but I hope this chapter was decent enough. With that being said, I hope you enjoy this chapter!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Skipping on her two feet, the little green twi, Hera dragged her new companions off to their new adventure. 

"This, this. This is my favourite fruit. It's.. well, I forgot the name, but it tastes really good." Clamouring onto a small stool, Hera spoke in her tongue, gesturing four fingers to the twi'lek at the shop, then beckoned the padawan and clones to join her, to which they happily complied.

Reetha hopped on a stool right beside Hera. "So, what does this fruit taste like?" 

"It's sour. I love sour fruit. I like it because my mother loves it. She always makes it the way I love it." 

Jex smiled, hearing the conversation exchanged between the two. "She sounds like the best mom." 

Hera smiled and giggled. "She's the best." 

The twi'lek in charge of the shop came back and served up four bowls of Hera's favourite fruit, Reetha offered to pay but the shopkeeper insisted it was on the house. Soft yellow flesh glistened in the light rays of the sun as the sweet aroma of the nectar of the fruit, filled the nostrils of Hera's friends. 

"Woah! I can see why you like it!" Scowl, for once without a scowl etched to his face, wore an awed look on his face. Quickly, he began to stuff his mouth with the fruit, clearing his serving within a matter of minutes. Reetha, Jex and Hera laughed, Jex didn't miss a beat to record Scowl in all his glory, for blackmailing purposes is what he told Reetha. 

"Nera, you are funny!" Hera said, tapping her small hands together. 

"Funny eh? How bout this for funny?" 

Scowl began to tickle her sides, only to get squeals of joy from the little twi. 

Jex elbowed Reetha and quietly whispered while the two kept their sights on the laughing duo. "Scowl looks almost weird with a smile, eh?" 

Reetha playfully slapped his arm. "Don't patronize him vod." But upon glancing at Scowl and Hera, most importantly, watching Scowl smile which in all honesty looked like a wolf baring its teeth, she reluctantly agreed with Jex. "On second thought, he could work on that smile though." 

After the small fruit break, Hera continued to bring her friend's on her tour, pulling them into various shops, alleyways and gardens. Unexpectedly, while the four were walking leisurely through the garden, Scowl accidentally tripped over his foot and fell face-first into the soil. Hera, who was perched on Jex's shoulders found the situation rather hilarious. Scowl picked himself up and tried to put on his best pout for the little green twi, but failed. Her laughter was too infectious. 

"Let's see you laughing now little one," A dash of mud painted the sides of Hera's cheeks making her gasp and squirm on her shoulder throne. Jex put her down and she immediately tackled Scowl. It ended up with both the clone and twi'lek rolling in the mud, trying to smear each other up with mud, while Reetha and Jex cheered them on.

"Hera! Your mother's looking everywhere for you." Cham appeared by the garden, with a young and beautiful green twi'lek by his side, his wife. She had the same shade of green that Hera wore on her skin. 

Hearing her father, Scowl urged Hera to meet him, finally able to stand up from the mud. 

Cham's wife kneeled as Hera came barreling in to hug her. She began to converse with her mother in their language and Cham walked forwards to the three. "I see you all have been having fun." There was amusement in his voice, and also gratefulness. "Hera doesn't get to play much with those her age. She's quiet and shy, but she seems to like you. My daughter hasn't been of trouble?"