Chapter 20 - The Lew'elan

"So, I trained with Master Plo. He says I'm doing well, honestly to me, I think I could have done better." 

"Reetha, you know you can't beat yourself up about it. You're trying your best out of your comfort zone." Reetha pressed her lips together and sighed. 

"Jess, if I can't control my emotions by the end of the first half of the training, how am I going to survive Master Kenobi's?" The clones let out a simultaneous sigh from the other end of the holo-call.

"Look, if Genral' Koon said your making progress, then you ARE making progress." Rex tried to change Reetha's mind about it. "Exactly! Have a little faith in yourself, alright. We believe in you." Fives said.

Reetha tried not to smile at her brother's comments. It did make her feel a lot better, but when the ARC trooper caught her he coaxed her into smiling, letting him know that he managed to brighten up her day, even from far away.

"I gotta go now. It's been nice to talk to you guys." The men wished her farewell and the call ended. Reetha shuffled around in her room, fussing about her books and unfolded clothes when she was called to meet in the bridge for a new mission briefing. 

---

"As you can see, our main purpose is to only provide temporary shelter and aid for the refugees. Because of recent raiding from the pirates, the women and children have been sent deeper into the jungle to hide, while the men defend the village." Plo pointed to a specific region upon the planet's surface. 

"Reetha, you and Wolffe will be leading this mission. Sinker and Comet will be accompanying you in this mission as well." Reetha, Wolffe, Sinker and Comet agreed and prepared for their mission. They were to be deployed in an hour. "Any questions?" He asked, slowly scanning the four figures before him. 

The Jedi Master sensed that his commander and troops were clear, but when his eyes landed on Reetha, he sensed some worry within her. He chose not to bring it up at the moment and dismissed the group. 

---

The transport had dropped them off at the village and they were greeted by a young Lew'elan, about Reetha's age. The head of the village, Ranz Yulen. 

"Thank you for coming, Commander Reetha Khan." Yulen extended his hand to her and she shook it. 

"All in a days work, your leadership." Reetha received a surprised look from the boy before he chuckled. "There's no need for titles. Call me Ranz." 

"I assume this is your backup? I, uhm, expected more." Ranz watched the four clones unloading medical supplies. 

"Well, we are just here to supply aid and shelter for the rest of your village. We could not send any larger troops. They had to be sent on a bigger relief mission. I assure you that these men can cause ten times the trouble if you needed us to fight." Ranz gave her a sceptical look before guiding her to a tent. 

"This is our current plan." Ranz began to layout a map of the village. "This red marker is where your people are hiding," Reetha observed. 

Ranz nodded. "Yes. They are safe, for now. But its only time before the pirates find them. We have been constantly moving from our hiding spots. The pirates somehow always keep finding us." 

Reetha scanned across the map, looking at the previous pin holes created by the marker. She understood that its only time until the pirates find them again. 

"I have some warriors to guard the villagers, but half of them were injured defending the villagers as the moved from our previous hideout." 

Reetha nodded and continued to ask him about the attacks. "I didn't think that the pirates would actually come to Lew'el. I don't see what we can interest them in. This planet is not even that developed." Ranz pointed out.