Chapter 23 - The Self, Part 1

At 0700 hours, the clones were making their way to the mess hall. That is where they found their commander, sleeping soundly with her head resting on her folded arms, at one of the tables. They decided to let the girl sleep after they realized that she wouldn't wake up, even if the Triumphant exploded. 

However, her peaceful slumber did not last when a particular group of clones found her. 

"Oh, commander...." 

Reetha grunted and buried her face deeper into her arms. She managed to hear amused laughter in the background but decided to leave it be. 

"Hey, kid. Wakey wakey." One of the clones sat down beside her and leaned on her, jostling her a little. 

"What? I'm sleepy." Reetha grumbled sleepily. 

"Drink some caff." a very distinctive grouchy voice came from her front, it could only belong to Wolffe. Reetha opened an eye lazily and watched him push the warm cup of coffee closer to her. The creamy and sweet smell drew her face out of her arms as her hands received the warm cup. 

"Thanks" the grunted. 

"So, you finally decided the mess hall was the most comfortable place to sleep in? Or did you sleepwalk out of your room?" Comet chuckled, wrapping an arm around Reetha and gave her a one-sided hug. 

Reetha leaned into Comet, sinking into his side. "Nah... I just woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't sleep. So I decided to come here and think, and I may or may not have fallen asleep. Although, I've been known to sleepwalk when I was a youngling." 

Sinker snorted. "Sleepwalk all you want, just don't sleepwalk to my room. Force knows I'd die of a heart attack. Anyways, you said you couldn't sleep. Are you alright kiddo?" He asked tentatively. 

Reetha hesitated for a while before replying. "Just some... dreams. No, bother really." 

The clones at the table exchanged glances. "If you say so. Mind you though, you look like you've had no decent sleep in days. Are you sure your alright?" Wolffe asked. Reetha sighed, slowly recalling the vision she had. It was too early for her boys to worry about some Jedi vision. She'd probably ask Master Plo later.

The girl nodded hastily. "Mhmm. All good." 

To Boost, Sinker, Comet and Wolffe, Reetha sounded like she was trying to convince herself that everything was okay. "Maybe, you're just missing the 501st. Give them a call. Maker knows they 'baby' you." 

Wolffe grinned when he finally saw a small smile on Reetha's face. When she came to think of it, she hadn't called her brother's in three days. Three days too long. Although the boys constantly sent her holovids of Fives and Hardcase pulling off stupid stunts, and Rex sending her pictures of any cool planets he visited and them always blasting her chats with tons of messages, she missed their voice terribly. 

Impatient to make the call, she began to eat her food quickly, nearly inhaling and choking. Boost patted her back to calm her down a tad little. Mouthfull of food, she mumbled thank you and ran off to her room to call her brothers. 

---

Reetha's holo-comm rang for several seconds before it was answered. The first thing she saw, was Ahsoka's excited face. "Hello there?" Reetha greeted with slightly amused and questioning. 

"Ahah! Reetha, good to see you."

Reetha had to squint as Ahsoka began to run down the hallway of a ship. "Running from Rex?" Reetha asked when she heard an angry clone shout the Togruta's name. 

"Mhmm." Ahsoka huffed. 

"Stole his Holo-transmitter." 

"Mmhmm."