Chapter 19 - The Training

It's been one week into my mentorship with Master Plo Koon. I used the majority of the week to settle in with the troops. Aside from Comet, Boost and Sinker, the two other members of the Wolfpack have been always around to keep me company. I also managed to finally earn the trust and respect of Commander Wolffe. Wolffe is not much of a talker, but he is always volunteering to show me around the ship and also train me using blasters. 

I comm the 501st every night since I first moved with the 104th and tell them my progress. Needless to say I am homesick, but just speaking to the boys puts me at ease. One thing I've realized, is that Master Plo and his troops have a bond that I cannot explain, a good, warm and close knitted bond, one which I was welcomed into. 

By the end of the first week, the 104th had seen a decrease in missions, so Master Plo thought it would be a suitable time to start my mentorship. The Wolfpack, Master Plo and myself went to Dantooine to officially begin my training, and that is where I find myself, plummeting face first into the soft Dantooine grass. 

"Reetha, you need to focus more in the force. Use it as an extension of yourself to sense things around you." Master Plo urged me again. We went to the basics of training, youngling lightsaber practice. I stood blindfolded in the middle of the Wolfpack. They were to shoot at me, and I was supposed to block the lasers away from myself. 

"Yes, master." I said while turning sharply to my right to block an incoming shot. The shots became more and more rapid, so I had to react faster. Occasionally, I'd miss one or two shots, or get close calls, most of the blaster shots were deflected to the ground. 

"That would be all for now." Master Plo called from the side. My posture relaxed "So, how'd I do Master?" I removed the blindfold before walking to my master. 

"Just as expected from Dante's student. You carry Form 3 very well." I nodded my thanks to the Kel Dor. We rested for lunch before continuing with training. The boys tagged along as well, eager to see what my next training would be like. 

"You are very agile in the Force, Reetha. However, you tend to let it control you." I nodded to Master Plo, listening intently. "As much as a Jedi is aware of the Force, we must be able to manipulate it, and not be manipulated by the Force. That, is why a Jedi must be able to control their emotions." 

My mind wandered on Master Plo's words for a moment. If my thoughts didn't betray me, then my facial expression did. "You have a question, little one?" He asked kindly. 

"Master, the Jedi code says, that there is no emotion. If we are not allowed to feel any emotion, how are to control it." Plo Koon hummed at my question. 

"If I may Gen'ral, how does one show no emotion?" Boost asked from among the boys. 

After a moment, Plo spoke. "These are good questions. The Jedi code, is ancient. The reason the code speaks of not showing emotion, means to be mindful of our emotions. Being to emotionally driven in anything would mean our downfall. We overlook the most simplest solutions to a problem. We also tend to let our greatest fears take over and could our judgements."

"So, if we rely to much on emotion, the Force may overwhelm us." I came to a conclusion, gripping my chin with my hand. 

Plo nodded and then started the next session of my training. The only difference this time, is that along side the boys, Plo would be engaging me in combat. 

I put my blindfold on and ignited my lightsaber. I took my Form 3 stance as the boys circled around me. "Remember Reetha, I will be attacking you as well. The goal of this exercise is to use the Force to sense your surroundings." I nodded my head towards Master Plo's voice.