Epilogue

The dark halls of Dooku's mansion loomed over a lonely figure. Dooku's assassin, Asajj Ventress bent down on one knee to face her master. Dooku watched the people of Serenno, watching them mull over their simpleton lives and blissfully unaware of the real powers at play. This dance between the Light and Dark of the Force. 

"Even with all the magnificence of the universe, people live dull lives and do not see the power that grows under their noses." He spoke to no one in particular. "What have you to report its time, my apprentice." 

Ventress' grey eyes reflected her weariness, month of tracking their white wolf without having the proper ounce of sleep, but she hid it well. Weakness is not the makings of a strong and powerful Sith. "The girl grows stronger in her power. She walks the edge of light and dark, my master." 

Dooku rose from his seat. Walking down to Ventress, he stopped at her feet. "What of my master? We cannot have him interfere with our plans." Dooku's eyes grew darker at the mention of his master. "Do not fear my master." The night sister cooed. "The girl's full powers are suppressed by the council. If she awakens her full potential, I will be her sole downfall." 

The pride in the apprentice's voice set Dooku's anger on the tethering edge. "How many times do I have to tell you, child.." Extending his hand, he pushed the assassin against the walls of his mansion. Ventress slumped on the floor, the air knocked out of t her. "How many times did I tell you to rid the pride of your voice?" He demanded. Raising his hand to his eye line, he slowly curled his fingers mid-air. 

Ventres choked, clawing at her neck as the Force lifted her off the floor. "Ma-Mas..ter" Eyes bulging out, Dooku dropped the woman to the ground. "Your pride is your downfall, apprentice. There is no room for mistakes." A familiar burning sensation filled Dooku's fingertips. Small bursts of electricity in its purest form formed in the palm of his hand. 

"No..No MASTER PLEASE!" Ventress cried when the crackling of Sith Lightning rang in her ears. Her wide eyes begged for mercy. "No...no have mercy" 

Something passed in Dooku's eyes. A sentiment, a compassionate feeling. How revolting. "There is no...mercy" 

Lightning flew out of his hands and began to sting the living skin of his apprentice. His most prized pupil. 

Blood-curdling screams echoed in the halls of the Sith's mansion, every corner, every dark shadowed place, death lingered, death stayed. The Dark Side was an amplifier, a corrupted to those who dare let it take over their very being. They are controlled by it, rotting from the inside out. Those who walk the fine line between the light and dark are like gods. Conduits, wellsprings of the Pure Force. 

To have these rare individuals in someone's grasp is like having the power of the galaxy, a ticking time bomb if diffused the wrong way, in the hand of any enemy. 

Reetha Khan, Padawan of Danter Syrn walks the fine line, one of the few. One of the legends, soon to fall into the wrong hands. 

|

|

|

Be Your Brothers, Book 1