Chapter 18 - The Commander

-I'm so sorry if this chapter is horribly written. I was writing in a writers block and was kind of in a rush to write the chapter. I wanted to separate it into two parts, but it seemed like a bad idea. It might be cringy (dang it I think is cringy)  and forced. The plot is simple and not really thrilling. I just wanted to write to complete it since I started it. I thought I'd forget my ideas if I were to write tomorrow. I apologize once again. -

Reetha looked at the tiny figures that remained on the hangar until they turned to nothing but colorful blobs from a distance. Noticing her distracted mind, Plo laid a hand on her right shoulder. "You are brave to face this change, young one. They would be very proud of you." 

The young girl smiled softly. "I did take some time to warm up to them. I just hope I'd be able to warm up to your troops as fast as I did here." Plo hummed "The Wolf Pack are... slightly rough around the edges, but you will get to them eventually." 

'Eventually?' Reetha found herself questioning about how soon or long is eventually. She had a month with them. Plo Koon seemed to notice her sudden glum mood and worry. 

"Not to worry, Reetha. I've informed my troops about your arrival. I can promise you that they are already to accept another wolf into the pack." "Wh-wolf? You mean they know, about.." Reetha choked on her words. "About your abilities? Not yet, but hopefully soon. They are aware of a new member in their pack." Reetha widened her eyes and mouthed a 'Ohh' before smiling shyly with a toothy grin. "Well, in that case, I shall not fail to deliver." 

Plo smiled underneath his mask as Reetha straightened out ant wrinkles on her robe. A few seconds later, the transport finally made its landing on Plo Koon's flagship, Triumphant. 

"General on deck! Attention!" A stern voice greeted the two jedi as they walked over to the clones. "At ease, everyone." Reetha noticed how differently Plo spoke to the clones. It was not like the other jedi, that is, other than Anakin, who spoke to the troops in such a tender manner. She only wondered how Obi-Wan talked to his troops. 

"As you know, we have a new comer with us and she will be staying for a while under my mentor ship." Plo began, taking a step closer to Wolffe and the troopers. 'Wow, straight to the point.' Reetha thought in her mind. 

"I would like to introduce you to Padawan Reetha Khan, from the 501st." Plo gestured a hand to Reetha, as if passing the stage to her. 'Oh krif! Oh krif!' She internally panicked, however she collected her nerves. "H-Hello." Reetha gritted at her teeth as she gave a very shy and almost unnoticeable wave. 

'Oh krif, okay calm down, just keep talking.' Sweat started to bead on her forehead but she didn't let herself stop. " I am Reetha... Reetha K-Khan." She gulped. Her eyes swung back and forth from Master Plo, to the clones, to the commander, and back to Plo. She opened her mouth to speak, but when nothing came out, she just smiled, very, very, uncomfortably. 

"Nice to meet you commander." I'm Comet." A clone from the group walked forward and extended his hand. "I'm Comet." Thankfully, her muscles decided to obey her and she shook his hand. "Reetha Kh- I mean, you know that, I, uhm- Thank you good to meet you too." Reetha squinted her eyes, embarrassed by her stuttering. 

Comet seemed to pick up on this so he spoke up. "Can't wait to work by your side commander. Word is from the 501st guys that your quite the fighter." 

Reetha felt a blush rise to her face that the 501st spoke of her. "Well then, I guess I'll leave the  introductions to you Comet." Plo walked to the two. Comet nodded and smiled. " I will be on the bridge to prepare for our mission. I will see you later, young Reetha." 

---

The clones had brought Reetha to the mess to introduce her to some of the crew. Comet, was the friendliest of all. He introduced Reetha to Sinker and Boost, several other 104th battalion crews and mechanics, but not their commander.