Chapter 8 - The Backstory

The mysterious mountains

-The Twilight-

It has been an hour a since Ahsoka, Kix and Rex made it back to the Twilight. They had found some food along the way. Soon, the could see Reetha running back in her wolf form, with Hardcase on her back. "Sorry, were late. Looks like the party started." Reetha got on her paws to wait to Hardcase to unload the huge bottles of spotchka, then reverted back to human form.

 "Our part of the mission went well. How about you guys?" Reetha asked as she stretched out her hands and sat down on the ramp. "We met a friendly waitress who gladly told two weary travelers about some droid rumors they heard of." Kix said. "Rex?" "Farmers can be quite stubborn. But I did get some information out of them."

The group flew the twilight deeper into the Sorgan's jungle, away from the tavern and the plains to set up camp for the night. They built a fire outside the ship and had their dinner. "So, the common thing we all got are these Pine Hills." Ahsoka remarked, stroking the edge of her montrails. 

"Most eye witnesses seen the droids by the foot of the hills." Kix added. The group had shared their pieces of information about the mystery droids. After accessing the information, Reetha came up with a conclusion "Looks like we need to investigate these mysterious hills. We leave in the morning. Oh, and pack up some camping supplies. Sorgan looks peaceful but their jungles and forest can be quite challenging." The rest of the group nodded their heads. 

"So, spotchka anyone?" 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-The Twilight-

Nights on Sorgan got cold pretty easily. The team had retreated to their warm rooms in the twilight. Reetha laid on her bed trying to get some sleep that never came. She tossed and turned, trying to find a comfortable position to sleep in. Eventually, she gave up and decided to try to get some sleep under Sorgan's starry skies. 

If she could not sleep, at least the sky is pretty enough to look at. She carefully crept down the bunk bed, not wanting to wake Ahsoka up, since they shared the room. When she walked out of her room, she transformed into her loth wolf form. 

The twilight is not known to be a quiet ship, it's not old but its flooring is quite noisy. The soft pads on her paws made walking almost soundless, and she used it as an advantage to quietly creep out of the ship, not to wake the rest. 

R4 was on hibernating mode, recharging himself. Reetha willed the ramp to open with the force. The hiss was not to loud to wake the rest but little did she know that a certain clone had seen her up and about. 

Kix's point of view

After the girls went to sleep, my brothers and I headed to the common room to talk. It was about 0200 when I caught the unmistakable glimpse of white fur passing the common room. I knew it was Commander Khan, so quietly I nudged Rex's leg from under the table and signaled towards the door. "I think Reetha's awake." I whispered. We stood up and quietly followed her to the ramp and saw her walking out of the Twilight. 

"Call me crazy, but I felt the commander's emotions. It was quite a heavy feeling." I stated. Rex and Hardcase looked at me and then at each other. "Well maybe she just wants to get air." Rex said. "Well, Kix may be on to something." "What do you mean Hardcase?" 

Hardcase then went revealed to us that Sorgan is Reetha's home. "My guess is, she's just missing home. I mean, if I were separated from a peaceful and beautiful home for so long, I'd want to sleep under the starts as well. In fact, I think anyone would react this way if they were back home after so long, regardless if their planet was involved in war." Hardcase continued.