Chapter 14 - The Confrontation, Part 1

Alarms blare in the ship as it gets jostled about. Reetha immediately scrambles out of her bed, veins already running with adrenaline. She stumbles to the door, only to be greeted by clone troopers running towards the main hangar. 

Slightly dazed from being just woken up, she stops a trooper to ask him about the situation. "Ma'am, there's an attack on the temple. Not a major strike but enough to cause damage. The attack is led by the Sith Assassin, Ventress." Reetha nodded to the trooper then quickly ran into her room to reach for her lightsaber. 

----------

The docking bay was already crawling with clankers by the time Reetha joined the fun. She drew her lightsaber and began slicing through battle droids as the men covered her flank. The began to take charge and march through the docking bay, advancing towards the temple's entrance. There, she could see several Jedi defending the main hangar, alongside the Coruscant guards, who were sent from the senate building to back up the Jedi. Among them, were her master and friend. 

Reetha had come in from the front of the temple, boxing any remaining droids between the crossfire from her group and that of defending the temple entrance. Blaster fire erupted back and forth, Reetha managed to deflect several shots away from the troopers beside her, ricocheting them back to the droids. Soon, the droids were thinned out and Reetha ran up to slice the remaining droids. The troopers began to scatter to help the wounded and clear out the droids. 

"Good to see you joining the fun." her master came up, followed by her padawan friend. "Sorry I'm late. I didn't miss the fun though." she replied shrugging her shoulders and Anakin smiled, happy to see his padawan cheery in the morning. 

"So, the droids, how did they even get into Coruscant?" Reetha asked, falling step beside her master, Ahsoka to his right. "We don't know. But, the theory is that someone smuggled them in." He replied with seriousness laced in his voice. 

Reetha nodded in understanding. "What about Ventress? Is she leading the attack?" "She is. Obi-Wan chased Ventress to the northern side of the temple. Thankfully, Dooku isn't here to join the party." Ahsoka added. 

"Skywalker!" a commanding voice called. It was Master Windu. "Obi-Wan just contacted me. Ventress managed to escape into the temple. He needs our help." Anakin's eye brows furrowed. "I'll be with you Master." Then her turned to Ahsoka and Reetha. 

"You two stay here. You must protect the temple's entrance. Masters Ti and Unduli will be by your side." Then, he took off, running after Master Windu and a few other Jedi, to help hunt down Ventress. 

The two padawans turned and began to walk towards Master Ti and Master Unduli, who were helping the medics attend to the injured clones. However, before they could reach the group, a shot rang through the entrance, hitting a pillar at the temple's entrance. "Clankas! In comng from point two four!" a clone warned. 

The droids began to fire down on the group. The two Master's drew their lightsabers and began deflecting the blasts away and the troopers began firing. Reetha and Ahsoka rushed to protect the injured clones, deflecting any blasts that came their way. 

"Padawans, move the into the temple now!" Master Unduli commanded. Ahsoka deactivated her lightsaber and began to help the medics move the injured, while Reetha feel back in step with them, still deflecting blaster shots away from the group.

------------

-Jedi Temple-

Anakin and Mace Windu ran down the the hallway of the temple. Mace stopped, and closed his eyes to listen to the force. "I sense the assassin is near by." Mace slowed his run to a walk. "Master, Master Windu and I are closing in on Ventress." Anakin spoke quietly through the comms. "She was last seen heading towards the Archives." Obi-Wan replied in heavy breaths. "We are about the reach the Archives. I'll let you know when we get to her."