Chapter 17 - The Short Goodbye

Previously...

Reetha Khan, padawan to Anakin Skywalker, and an adored co-commander and sister to the 501st troopers gets poisoned by the dark side of the force, after a Ventress, Count Dooku's sith apprentice, an assassin, reveals the nature of Reetha's true power. 

Unable to come to terms with the heavy news, Reetha unwillingly submits to the dark side, nearly killing Ventress and harming two Jedi masters in her rage. 

Jedi Master Mace Windu manages to calm Reetha, Ventress and the rest of the droids accompanying her manage to flee Coruscant. However, Reetha falls into unconsciousness as the dark side has taken a heavy toll on her. 

After proper medical care, and care from her master and closest friends. Unfortunately, Reetha does not recall anything after her talk with Ventress. Upon her recovery, she is called to face the Jedi Council, where they masters revealed what had happened to her after the talk. Reetha is shattered at the news. 

The council decide to tell Reetha the truth, and it is received bitterly. The almost immediate decision for the council to remove her from the order, puts Reetha in a questioning state, as she questions the rash decision of the council for revealing her truths at such a last minute. 

The council is both ashamed and speechless of their actions, never the less, with the help of a few Jedi masters like Plo Koon, the council came to an agreement to allow Reetha to stay within the Jedi order, with conditions only if she receives mentorship from Masters Plo Koon and Obi-Wan.

---

So, there she was. Standing in the midst of her master, Anakin Skywalker, and her friend, Ahsoka Tano. After telling Anakin about the whole council talk, he was more than furious that their initial decision was to kick her out of the order. 

Reetha managed to calm him after a while, but Anakin was not a fan of the current plan. 

"I know Obi-wan and Master Plo Koon are going to help you, and I am more than greatful for that, but you are my padawan. They just can't-can't take you away like that." 

Ahsoka understood her masters pain. Within the first few weeks of getting to know Reetha, she began to cherish the friendship between herself and the girl. She also noticed how fond Anakin felt towards Reetha. Maybe it was because the similarity both master and apprentice shared. Both lost someone important in their lives. 

Both a parent. Ahsoka knew that her master could understand Reetha's pain and struggles and would do almost anything to help her out of it, after all, Anakin went all out when Ahsoka went through a similar situation once before.

"Master" Ahsoka called out gently, placing a firm but comforting hand on Anakin's shoulder. "Right now, it's the only choice we have. The only reason Reetha is in the order is because the council agrees for her to be trained by Master Obi-Wan and Master Plo."

"She is right, master. This is the only way I'll be able to remain in the order." Reetha joined in after Anakin chose not to reply. 

The young knight only sighed in defeat, knowing that both his padawans were right. At this point, it was nearly impossible to change the councils minds. "I, know. I-I know, your both right. Still, I wish the council had let me speak on your behalf. I do not like it when they make rash decisions. Especially about my padawan." For a second, Anakin's eyes seemed to darken to which Reetha took notice.

She spoke calmly "Anakin, I know you would have defended me even if the council made their previous choice. But like Ahsoka said, I have to receive mentorship from Obi-Wan and Master Plo." Ahsoka looked at her master, eyes begging for him to calm down and understand that there was no other way.