Chapter 24 - The Self, Part 2

---Commander Wolffe---

Commander Khan, as of yet has been a tad out of sorts. It seemed to only get worse as days passed. Something has been plaguing her mind and she's done a good job hiding it, up till now. 

Just the other day, Reeth walked into the mess hall and sat all alone in a corner. Which was odd, since most of the time she would usually join the men. Comet, Boost, Sinker and Warthog would notice it and join her at her table. Almost immediately you could see the uneasiness on her face. 

Another time, I was at the bridge with the General preparing for a mission briefing. Reetha walked in a moment later, the men saluted her as per usual but she didn't acknowledge them back. Not even looking them in the eye, not even me. 

"General is there something bothering the commander? She seems a little, out of it." I whispered Plo Koon, not wanting to draw Reetha's attention. 

Plo sighed and looked a little disturbed. "She hasn't told you anything has she?" 

I shook my head, confused. Is there something I missed? Has Reetha tried to reach out to any of the guys? Did we do something wrong?

"It's not your fault or your brother's Wolffe." Plo's deeps but comforting voice pulled me from my thoughts. He sensed my worry. "She has been dealing with some troubling dream, visions. She came to talk to me and I advised her the best I could." The general turned to look at the young commander who was overlooking the battle strategy. Then he turned to me, a glum look visible in the slouch of his eyebrows.  "She has... certain things that she needs to clear up in her own time."

I thought for a moment. Whatever this thing was, it seemed to be eating her thoughts alive. "Is there anything the men and I can do? It's sad to see her like this. Comet missed her chipper mood." 

"Maybe you could talk to her. Encourage her to speak her mind." Plo suggested. Humming, I nodded my head and excused myself. 

---

Walking into the barracks, I met up with Comet, Boost, Sinker and Warthog. Warthog got to know Reetha within three weeks and they got along well. Her sudden shift in mood made him worry, a lot. 

"So, you talked to Plo?" Boost jumped from his bunk and approached me. The rest of the boys huddled in, taking interest in what I was about to say. 

"Well, we did guess right. Something has been bothering Reetha." 

Comet leaned on his thigh, "We already know that genius. The question is what is she bothered about!" 

Warthog slapped the back of Comet's head lightly. "What we want to know is, was it something we've done to upset her?" Sinker nodded in agreement. 

Huffing, I sat myself down on my bed. "Plo says that Reetha is bothered about some vision she had. it must be quite bad since it's making her act this way." 

"Does Plo know?" Sinker asked. 

"Mhmm. Reetha talked to him. According to Plo, she's supposed to tell me, us, something." 

"Sounds serious. She hasn't said anything to any of us." Sinker continued. 

I pinched the bridge of my nose, trying to figure out what Reetha needs to tell us. I want to help her so desperately. "Plo said she needs her own time to figure things out. In the meantime, he encouraged us to speak to her, to encourage her to speak her mind." 

I started peeling off my armour for bed. "Whatever it is, we need to rest and so does she. We'll talk to her tomorrow." 

---