Chapter 25 - The Self, Part 3 (Revelation)

"NO!" Reetha screamed.

Before Ventress' blades could touch Wolffe, she felt her body fly backwards as an immense power hit her chest. A powerful Force blast erupted from in front of Wolffe, pushing him to the ground. The wind stirred wildly, aggressively rustling the trees around them. 

Wolffe struggled to turn around and when he did, he came to realize that he was beneath a white-greyish body standing tall on four paws. "What the-" 

A wolf's howl echoed loudly in the jungle, silencing everyone and everything, demanding attention. Ventress gasped, trying to stand on shaky legs. "So, here you truly are! Shoot them!"

The droids complied and began to shoot. Wolffe saw the wolf recline on its hind legs, then coming down hard on the ground at full force. The earth beneath rumbled and a blaster fire came to a standstill, then shot in reverse back at the droids. 

"NO! Continue firing!" Ventress screeched. "Kill them all!" Relentlessly the droids shot but the whatever the wolf did kept the clones safe. 

"Si-Sir, what's going on?" Wolffe's comm beeped. Wolffe couldn't muster an answer. 

"I- don't know.." 

"Sir, we can't get out of the base! We're trapped in some kind of force field." 

Wolffe finally sat up underneath the wolf. The wind sweeping through his hair as the sky darkened. "Reetha?" Wolffe squinted as the droids we're being fired upon by their own blaster fire. The loth wolf's ear twitched and it's head tilted toward the commander. 

"Hello, ner vod" 

---

"Reetha is that you?" 

"Yes" 

Wolffe was more than intrigued now. As if she sensed the commander's curiosity, Reetha told him to stand behind her and he waisted to time doing so. 

Ventress cackled as she watched the commander ordered his troopers to stand down. "Is this all you got Jedi! Look at them!" she pointed to the clones. "Do you sense it, their fear?" Seeing as the gunfire wasn't making much of a difference, the droids were ordered to stand down as well. 

"Interesting isn't it. Such power forced to be kept a secret. If only you would join my master." Reetha let out a deep growl when Ventress tried to reach to pet her head.

"Why suppress this part of you. Embrace it, use it to save your friends." 

Reetha snarled and bared her canines. Warning Ventress to not come any closer. 

"You are so animalistic now. Yes.. you sense it don't you, you feel it. That ancient and old need to sink your teeth into me, to hurt those who hurt or dare threaten the ones you care about tenfold." 

Ventress ignited her red blades, swinging them dangerously. "Come on you dog! Fight! Show your clones who you really are!" 

Leaping forwards, Ventress brought down her blades forwards in a clean swipe. Reetha jumped backwards, still placing herself between the clones and the crazy witch. 

"Don't waste your time to protect them." She said in a pitiful tone. "They are afraid of you. You feel it too. I would be as well. You are a monster." 

Swinging her blades again, Ventress wanted Reetha to remember this moment, the moment she drove her sabres right through the loth wolfs heart. 

"Reetha watch out!" Wolffe cried out as he saw the nearing red blades. 

A loud cry escaped Ventress. She was shrieking as she was forced on her knees by a powerful force on her wrists. The red lightsabers sank back into their hilts as they violently hit the ground.