Chapter 13 - The Conflict

Anakin paced up and down a room, panic stricken across his face. "It's to late already. She should be back by now." the anger obvious in his voice. "I tried her comms and holo call. I can't reach her." Rex sighed while switching off his comm. "Rain's not letting up either." 

"Look, the commander knows what she's doing. She'll be fine." Jesse said, pushing himself off the wall. "She'll be fine?" Rex snapped. "You of all people should have asked me or the general before allowing her to sneak of!" He said pointing a finger at the trooper. Jesse avoided eye contact with Rex "For the last time captain. Reetha is more than capable of handling herself, and I'm telling you she is fine." 

Anakin, listening on to the conversation, raised his disagreement against Jesse. "Jesse, if you had just told Rex and I, none of this would have happened. We could have talked to her." Anakin placed his palms and asked calmly, "Are you not worried about her safety?" Jesse sighed

"With all due respect, general, captain, Reetha had a issues to think over and clearly she was not prepared to reveal it. " Jesse sighed out then calmly continued when both the jedi and captain didn't reply. "And, yes, of course, I do worry for her safety but I believe that she knows better than to go looking for trouble, she's a smart girl. If I know any better, it's that Reetha needs sometime on her own to process whatever it is that's bothering her. She'll be back when she is ready." 

Anakin lowered his head and shook it slightly, folding his arms across his chest. Rex ran his hand on his head, frustration pouring out of him.  Jessy walked towards Rex and placed his hand on his brother's shoulder. "I know the both of you mean well." giving Rex's shoulder a little squeeze.

Rex looked to Jesse, then took in a deep breath and nodding in an unspoken understanding. Not knowing what to say, the three sat in an overbearing silence, which was then broken by the sound of the door hissing open. 

"SHE'S HERE!" Ahsoka barged in panting. "Reetha's back." Without wasting anytime, the four ran to the hangar.

-------

The cruiser was empty excepts for a some clones working on maintenance. Those remaining on board helped in the search for Reetha. Ahsoka, at the time, was in the hangar together with Appo.

That's was when the sound of a speeder bike's engine their attention. A collective sigh was released from them when they Reetha finally came back. "Reetha! Oh force your back." Ahsoka ran up to Reetha and hugged her.

Reetha was wet, cold and shivering. Water from her robes absorbed into Ahsoka's own robes. Appo immediately asked for a blanket and called for a medic when he noticed her condition. Even with the warm welcome, Reetha sat hunched slightly over the bike, uneven breaths escaping her mouth.

"Hey, hey.." Ahsoka pulled away and cooed. "You're alright, right?" Reetha didn't reply not did she speak. She didn't want to. Ahsoka comfortingly squeezed her shoulder, before running of to find her master.

--------

Anakin, Rex and Jesse immediately rush to the hangar. Ahsoka's announcement about Reetha's arrival eased their worries only a little. 

As they approached they reached the hangar, Anakin skidded to a halt, followed by the other two clones. Ahsoka ran in and stopped beside her master and points toward the small group of clones hovering over a figure in blankets. Without looking back at Ahsoka, Anakin began to march over to his other padawan.

Before he got far, Ahsoka gently grabbed his arm. "She's not responding to anything, master. Go easy on her. " Anakin nodded and made his way to Reetha, Rex walking behind him. "Do you think she's alright?" Ahsoka asked and Jesse stopped beside her. "She needs time to vent out." Jesse sucked in a heavy breath. "She'll be fine."