Chapter 1 - The Meeting

Third-person view

"Padawan Reetha Khan , sit down you may". 

Master Yoda had called the young padawan to meet him earlier that day. Reetha didn't feel the need to ask why because she knew, that the recent  events had drawn much attention from the Jedi council. 

"Much conflict in you I sense. Frightened you are, hmm. Lost your confidence, have you." the old master grunted as he took a seat opposite of her.

"Yes master" was all the she replied. Reetha couldn't muster enough courage to look the grandmaster in his eyes. Though he was kind and gentle, Reetha could not push the recent event out of her mind. Ever since the loss of her master, she became helpless. 

As a Jedi, she knew she must not form attachments. But her master was more than just a teacher. He was her father figure, the only person who managed to understand her when no one could. The only one who brought out the best in her, the only one who filled the gaping hole in her soul.

"Hmm. Dangerous fear is, young padawan. Control it, you must. Let go of the past."

"Master, how can I just forget what happened? I was there. I saw all of it. And I could not do anything! " she said, as she looked at Master Yoda. 

"A padawan of a great master you were. Taught you well he has. Forget his teachings you must not. Greatness he has found within you, hmm?"

"..... Yes master."

"Continue to learn you must. If not for you, for him. Remember his teachings, you must. A new master I have found for you. A padawan, he has. Friends you may be. "

At this, Reetha raised an eyebrow quizzically. She was shocked that she'd have a new master, and so soon. She never did well around new people. She was always timid and shy. 

"A new master? Who? Can he even handle two padawans?"

Master Yoda only nodded. He got off his chair and started shuffling towards the doors, beckoning her to follow along, as he said nothing. She obliged. They walked down the hall ways towards the hangar. Both padawan and master did not say a thing. 

Reetha was thankful for the silence, but found the air quite thick. Her forehead started to sweat with a million thought racing through her mind. Was she going to like this new master? Was his padawan friendly? What battalion does he command? 

Soon, Master Yoda and Reetha reached the hangar. Reetha took in her surroundings. Nothing was new to her. She'd basically memorized the whole hangar of the Jedi Temple like the back of her hand. Then she noticed a young man and a younger girl standing by a transport. They seemed to be in a conversation that had turned into an argument. 

"Welcome young Skywalker, Padawan Tano. Meet your new padawan and friend. Join you she will." Master Yoda said.

Reetha took a moment to muster up some much needed courage and introduce herself. "Padawan Reetha Khan. Nice to meet you both."

"Good to see ya'. The names Anakin Skywalker and this is my padawan, Ahsoka Tano. We welcome you to our little family"

Ugh. Reetha mentally cringed at the word family, as though the relationship with her master was that easy to replace. Still, on the outside she maintained a good cover and just simply smiled at the two. She was also partially happy that none of the Jedi could sense her emotion. When you have a troubled mind, you tend to conceal emotions easily, and Reetha was just that good at it in the force.

After saying her goodbyes to Master Yoda, she, Anakin and Ahsoka were on the way to Anakin's  ship. The ride was quite awkward to say the least. Anakin and Ahsoka would ask Reetha questions like, how was your day? or have you been to this planet before?. Reetha would only answer with a yes, or sometimes just a nod from the head.

 Then, the conversations died down. "Your a shy one aren't you." Anakin spoke up. Ahsoka playfully swatted his hand. "Master, stop interrogating her." She then turned to Reetha "Sorry, Anakin is just really chatty. But don't worry, take the time you need to adjust. I understand how overwhelmed you must feel. Ya know, new people and all." Reetha flashed a thankful smile and nodded.

Finally, the transport had reached the ship. All the three Jedi got down and Anakin lead the way to the bridge. Along the way, they passed clones who were station on that ship. They nodded to the three Jedi a welcome and some saluted. Ahsoka and Anakin both warmly and casually greeted them, but not Reetha. 

"Alright men, before we take off to out next mission i want to introduce all of you to your new commander. Well.... co-commander, or .... I think... ah whatever, i want to introduce you to my new padawan, Reetha Khan." That being said, all eyes on the bridge turned towards Reetha. She basically shrunk into her clothes in hoped that is would hide her from the clones. She only mustered a small wave to everyone and awkwardly said hello. 

Ahsoka caught on to Reetha's predicament and spoke up for her. "She's a little shy. So just give her some time to adjust." The men nodded back and then a blonde clone spoke up. He looked like a captain. No, he was the captain. 

"The names Captain Rex. Nice to meet you commander. And don't worry. Like Commander Tano said, take you time to adjust. You can get to know us at your own pace. Feel free to ask any of us anything. We'll help you get around the ship and get to know some people." Reetha just looked to the floor and mumbled her reply "Yeah, sure." 

It got a little to quiet for Reetha's liking. Everyone seemed to be slightly giving each other awkward stares since the conversation ended quite abruptly. Thankfully Ahsoka spoke up and clapped her hands together "Well, I guess we should all get back to work." Anakin chimed in and agreed. 

"Good idea. Ahsoka show her to her quarters. Reetha feel free to wander around the ship. Just, try not to get lost" He said with a smile. Everyone soon resumed their work, and Ahsoka showed Reetha to her quarters. 

When she reached her room, she mumbled a thanks to the togruta  and walked into her room. The young padawan looked around. The room was dull and simple. It had a small cot, a fresher, a small table, and the walls were just plain boring. She found herself sighing as she dragged her legs to the cot. She sat down and just stared at the wall. 

She started to think about the impression she made on the men. Not to mention the stern looking Admiral Yularen aboard who she tried her best not to make eye contact. She felt awkward all over. She was not used to this at all. And what was worse, is that she had to work with clones. She face palmed herself and let out and irritated sigh.

When her former master was around, she hadn't worked with any clones. This was of course because of the attachment issues with her family. It's not that she hated the clones. She just did not want to be around anything that resembled a family. It really did not help that the clones called each other Vod. She wanted to stay way from them if possible. The thought of being alone made her feel much better than surrounded by this many people.