Chapter 15 - The Confrontation ,Part 2

"Padawan, is she still talking to Ventress?" Shaak Ti asked as she approached Ahsoka. "Yes, unfortunately. How is your shoulder master?" "Just fine. Master Unduli has gained consciousness?" Ahsoka nodded and lead Shaak Ti to the other Jedi. 

While Reetha and Ventress disappeared to have their little talk, the droids were ordered to stop firing. The clones, as well as the Jedi were not sitting well with this. The situation was tense. neither parties pulled the trigger, but the clones were on edge. Having battle droids standing and looking at you from several feet ahead in almost dead silence is quite disturbing. 

The three Jedi and two clone commanders from the Coruscant guard were discussing their next move on the droids, when suddenly a loud and sickening crack teared their attention. 

"Don't. Lie. To. ME!" Reetha pushed Ventress away with the force, sending the Dathomarian flying backwards and landing harshly on the ground. "Mistress! Are you alright?" although it was just looking out for its master, it got to close to Ventress as she stabbed her lightsaber right thorough its body. "Do NOT fire!" Ventress instructed the droids as she struggled to stand up. One of her legs bending in an unnatural way.

Reetha calmly walked through the wall she broke when she sent Ventress flying back. "YOU LIE VENTRESS! It's what you do! My master would never lie to me!" she screamed.

"Reetha! You-" "Ahsoka! Do not engage the enemy. Don't fire." Reetha cut Ahsoka's sentence. Ahsoka's brows furrowed. Something's wrong here. "You feel it to padawan." 

Luminara placed a hand on Ahsoka's shoulder's. "The dark side surrounds her." Shaak Ti added in. "Ma'am, what are your orders?" A clone asked. "Do not fire, commander. Ask you troops to stand down." Shaak Ti turned to the commander. "For the time being." 

Reetha drew closer to Ventress, dangerously twirling her lightsaber as she walked. "Look at you. Pathetic!" Ventress spat. This only made Reetha angry. She balled a fist and used the force to carry Ventress by her neck. "Padawan! Don't act out of frustration!" Shaak Ti shouted out but only for Reetha to ignore her. Gasps could be heard from the clones as they were surprised as the young Jedi's sudden darkened demeanor. 

"Pathetic? I'm pathetic? You dare come here, on your masters bidding, only to lie to me about my master, MY MASTER!" Ventress gagged as she tried to grasp at her neck, unable to breathe. Reetha dropped Ventress hard to the ground. 

The sound of Reetha's lighsabers digging into the metal floor beside Ventress' head, made Ventress to ignite her own sabers in self defense. Ventress pushed herself to stand as she locked sabers with Reetha. "Don't you see it, padawan!" She hissed out loud. "Your hatred is so natural to you. Your anger is your true source of power!" 

Reetha had enough of Ventress' manipulation. "I am a Jedi! I am nothing like you scum! If Dooku was sure of my legacy, my power, why didn't he come here!" Reetha pushed her lightsabers onto Ventress' with such power that it sent one of the red blades flying away. 

"I am aligned with the light and will always be!" She said as she brought her lightsaber against Ventress'. "I protect the peace!" 

With every sentence she spoke, Reetha's stikes became harder and more aggressive. "My powers do not come from the Sith! It can't" A tear slipped down her eye. Anger coursed through her veins, it burned its way into her. "I am not made to exist by s-some Sith lord!" Reetha kicked Ventress' broken leg making her scream and crumple to the cold metal floor. 

"Padawan! Stop it now!" Reetha could hear the Jedi masters plea. But how could she not be angry. After all it was what Ventress had shown her. Ventress was now in the mercy of the young padawan. If Ventress had not known how powerful indeed Reetha was, she would've never allowed her to reach even an ounce of her true potential. But all is as the force wills.