Chapter 5 - The Revelation Part 2

With Hardcase's eyes close he managed a sentence "Wow, Commander Khan..." he said in praise. "How you do this is unimaginable, I-I can feel...wait... Is that me? Hah! I can see myself, as if I am standing where you are. This is amazing." 

Hardcase let out an excited huff. "General, this is absolutely amazing." He said as he opened his eyes to meet Reetha's. He could feel her approval of his new found ability and nodded to Reetha in thanks. Anakin opened his eyes to find Hardcase looking proudly at Reetha, and he knew that the trooper had managed to connect.

"Is-Is this.. woah. That's a weird feeling." Kix exclamied next. Anakin had quietly gestured to Hardcase to sit beside him to let the rest establish their connection. "What do you feel vod?" Hardcase asked. "I-I see, Hardcase,..." "Sitting beside the General.... and I-I seem to be, taller?, than everyone." Rex added.

Anakin and Hardcase looked at each other in surprise and looked back at the captain and the medic.

"Wow, huh!" Kix huffed. "I seem to be able to here what she is hearing." "Well, what do you hear?" Anakin asked. "I... hear... conversations?... Yeah. I-I hear conversations from troopers in the ship. Ouh! There's someone I hear. It's ... Appo. Yeah, Appo. He's talking to Oddball in the mess. About... their ships paint job?"

Anakin looked at Reetha as she nodded her furry head in approval. Hardcase commed Appo. "Hey, Appo, it's Hardcase. Ya happen to be in the mess with Oddball, talking about your ships paint job, vod?" "Ergh... that's, oddly specific, but y-yeah. Wait how do you-" Hardcase ended the com and looked at Kix with amazement. "Ya did it vod. Ya did it!" 

Kix opened his eyes and turned his head to Reetha. "That was what you where hearing? That's some awfully good hearing." He said with slight laughter at his new found ability. Reetha nodded in reply and nudged Kix again congratulating him. "Well, thanks to you, I wouldn't have realized I could do this." He said as he petted her wolf nose.

Now, all that was left was Rex and Ahsoka. Ahsoka let out a frustrated grunt. "Uhh Master, I don't think I am getting this." Ahsoka opened her eyes and looked to Rex, who was still focusing. Then she closed her eyes to try to establish a connection, again. "You need to calm down Snips. You need to feel her presence in the force." Anakin instructed.

"Maybe we can get a stronger connection if Commander Tano and I try to focus on one thing in common, and use that to connect to Commander Khan. Would that work General?" Rex asked. "Rex, that is actually a great idea." "Do we just try to think of what Reetha is thinking?" Ahsoka questioned.

"Do just that." Anakin suggested. "I'll get Reetha to think of something. Both you and Rex must focus together to see what Reetha has thought up. You guys up for that challenge?" " I'm in." Rex agreed. "Commander Tano?" "I'm in for it as well. Lets do this. Master, lets get Reetha to think of something. Rex and I will try to connect with Reetha's thoughts."

Anakin turned to Hardcase and Kix, "So, what should we ask Reetha to think about?" he whispered. Kix shrugged, and Hardcase stroked his chin, and his eyes lit up with an idea. "I've got it." He whispered his plan to Anakin and Hardcase. 

Anakin nearly let out a giggle as he heard what the clone suggested and agreed. "This is gonna be good." Kix said to Anakin. Hardcase walked over to Reetha and whispered to her ear. Once he was done, he sat down and nodded to Anakin. "Alright, you to, ready when you are."

"Ready Rexter?" Ahsoka asked. "Ready commander. Let's do this. On a count of three" Rex replied. "One, two.." Rex and Ahsoka took a deep breath, "Three" Ahsoka exhaled and Rex followed suit.

It was quiet for a few seconds until Rex let out an exasperated sigh. "Are you kidding me?" "What, what is it?" Ahsoka asked. "Honestly, it's better you don't know commander."