Chapter 3 - The Names

'May be I should loosen up more' she thought to herself.

Reetha had now found herself in a rather uncomfortable position. She had agreed to meet Rex's brothers and she mentally wowed herself. What was she thinking!

First person point of view

I had stepped into the hangout room to see a group of clones just well.. hanging out. At that moment I froze. Rex and I had walked in, and Rex had started to call the attention of his brothers. Thankfully it was hard for the captain to get their attention, so I tried to sneak out of the room. I silently backed away towards the door. 

As soon as I reached the door I heard a hiss of the door opening. I quickly turned to run out when I bumped into a person, no, another clone. I recognized the armor. I slowly looked up to see a bald clone with the republic's cog tattooed on the side of his head. 

"Ahh... Heeey..... there.." I said with an awkward grin.

 Awh shebs!

Jesse's point of view

I was walking towards the hangout room. Rex had called me there. When I asked him why, all he said was,  "Just get your sheb here on time!" 

So, I grabed myself some caff before meeting him. Just as the door to the hangout room opened, I bumped into a tiny person. She had shoulder length curly black hair and quite a dark skin tone. "Ahh... Heeey..... there.." she said offering a sideways grin. I looked at her and it took me second to realize that this tiny person, was my new commander. 

"Oh, hey commander! Hey Rex. Guys."

Reetha's point of view

I moved in to let the tattooed clone walk in, but then the door closed behind him. I gave myself a mental facepalm. I couldn't back out now.. I turned around and faced the gang and smiled. I can do this!

Rex's point of view

I figured Reetha was quiet but, boy, was she sneaky. If it weren't for Jess, she'd probably ran off. "Hey Jess. Anyways, I wanted to introduce you guys to our new commander. Reetha Khan." 

"Hey..." Reetha gave a quiet reply and a small wave. 

Reetha's point of view

"Hey..." I smiled and gave a small wave. 

"Hello. The names Jesse. You kinda bumped into me earlier." he offered me his hand and I shook it. "Good to meet you and sorry I bumped into you." I smiled. "No problem commander. You can sneak around. Its a good skill." "Thanks.. umm Jesse. I'll take that as a compliment." He smile back. 

Then two other clones approached me. One with a blue lines tattooed to his head and the other with patterns in his hair.. or maybe... tattoos...? "Hey I'm Hardcase." The one with the blue tattoos said. "This here is Kix." Kix offered me his hand and I shook it. 

"Kix. Clone medic at your service." He gave me a small bow. "Hey. I'm Reetha." I replied with a giggle. The two clones exchanged a smile with each other as they looked back at me. 

Rex's point of view

So, about 30 minutes in the hangout room, Reetha had seemed to relax even more. After the four had introduced themselves, we sat together at the lounge. Reetha was quite but thankfully the boys could create some small talk with her.

 In fact, I'd say they were getting along quite well. Initially, she was nervous. I sat next to her and handed her my helmet, which she immediately started to pick at the old paint. Guess she lost her bet.