Chapter 12 - The Storm

_Coruscant_

Sweat was beading down her forehead. Her eyes moved wildly beneath her eyelids and her breath increased abnormally. Reetha gripped tighter on the sheets as she muttered things under her breath. 

"Run child, run" someone screamed at her. The unforgiving forest blocking her path of escape. Twigs and branches catch the sleeves of her robes. A blood curdling scream comes from behind her as hears the voice of her master calling out to her. 

"Don't look back Reetha!" he urges her. "GO". Reetha turns her head back and calls out. "MASTER! MASTER PLEASE, COME WITH ME!" she pleads into the darkness. The forest closed in on her and so does the darkness. 

"REETHA, YOU NEED TO GO. NOW!" her master replied and this time the pain in his voice evident as his choked breaths echo through the forest. Reetha's eyes widened, she could feel her master's life slip away, but she willed herself to turn tail and run. 

The ship is in the distance, she could see it. She ran as fast as she could, but a tree root made her loose her footing and she was sent stumbling into a darkened void. "You failed me...You failed...."

---

"Master no!" Reetha sat up with a start. She shivered as sweat evaporated from her skin. 'Another nightmare' she thought to herself. Rumbling from her stomach told her that it was time for lunch. Half heartedly she dragged herself to the fresher and tried to wash off the memories from her nightmare.

"You failed me...You failed...." Those words lingered in her mind. Although it was just a dream, it felt real to the young padawan. Deep down she knew her master was always proud of her, yet the nightmare said otherwise. 

This made her gingerly poke into her food. After hearing her masters voice calling out to her on Sorgan, she started having nightmares.  At first, they were nothing much, just short series of unpleasant dreams, but for a month and almost every night meant something else.

The sound of a plate landing in front of her drew Reetha out of her day dream. "Hey there pup!" Anakin Skywalker took a seat. "How's lunch?" Reetha smiled up to her new master "Not bad for slop" she shrugged. I

t's been sometime since Reetha joined the 501st and learned the ways of the Jedi under her new master. General Skywalker was never ones traditional Jedi. After several training sessions, with him and Ahsoka, Reetha felt more comfortable around him and grew to respect him, as Anakin would always encourage Reetha to train in her force projection. "I'm glad your enjoying lunch, pup."

Reetha smirked at her nickname. "Snips and I are going out for a drink later. Join us?" Anakin asked sweetly. The thought of hanging out with her master and and Ahsoka was tempting, but her mind was in the clouds. Reetha had to much to think about. "It's alright master." Reetha replied. "I have to fix my bunk bead.." she lied.

 Anakin had a quizzical look on his face. "What happened to your bunk bed?" Reetha shook her head and lied her way through then politely declined Anakin's offer. She tried to sound as convincing as possible, but Anakin senses her distress. Still, he didn't want to pressure his padawan, so he mentally noted to ask her about later.

After lunch, Anakin went of to finish his duties then join Ahsoka for a drink. The fact that he extended his invite to Reetha before he left only made her feel blessed to have found a master like him. Except, that she didn't want to have such connections with anyone. Reetha placed her dishes away and made her way to attend to her duties.

~Jesse~

I was fixing up my armour in the hangar when I saw Commander Khan make her way out of the Resolute. I wouldn't have thought much about it, but by the way she crept out of the cruiser made me a little inquisitive.