Chapter 5

I put the last of the millions of clothes and shoes that me and Felecia bought in my walk in closet. Bags were everywhere in my room and from every store in the mall we could possibly think of. Clothes, shoes, and accessories were piled all on my bed. From Felecia’s point of view, I should dress up and make him think of what he lost. Maybe she was right, but at the same time, I just wanted to mope in my favorite yoga pants and socks and my favorite shirt that had holes in it from being worn so much.

  “Tomorrow is a new day, so you must dress like your single and act like your single. Flirt with guys in front of his face, and see how he likes that,” she said, and giggled at the thought.

  I looked at the pair of boots I just bought from Dillard's, they were called Black Flashy, which were black boots that went up to my knees and high heeled. Felecia said he will drool over me when he sees me in them, which I ignored and rolled my eyes at her. I heard her phone starting to ring her familiar ring tone, and her answering it.

  “Really….Very interesting….Hah, yeah..” I heard her say, “Yeah, I’ll tell her. Bye.” She  hung up quickly.

  I looked at her confused, “Who was it?” I asked.

   “I just heard from Sara that she saw Evan at the florist getting roses,” she said casually, pulling her dark wild mane into a high bun.

   “Maybe it’s for that girl,” I said, my voice cracked and I felt tears come into my eyes.

  “I highly doubt that. I can make her life hell in a matter of minutes, and Evan knows that too,” she said, glaring.

  I sighed and wiped my eyes. So what? I’m single now, big deal. I should’ve listened to Felecia in the beginning, and not date him. I ran my fingers through my hair, something I did when I was stressed out, and I felt someone else’s- Felecia’s- fingers run through my hair.

  “Don’t worry,” she promised, “Everything will be okay,” she muttered.

                                               ~The Next Day~

       My black knee high boots dug into The Green, which was a big field. Everyone called it “The Green”. A  lot of people sat on the grass on a chilly day, especially when the sun was out, and soaked up the sun before the cold winter set in. I was wearing my favorite The Skinny jeans from Seven For All Mankind, which hugged me tight in the hips and butt. I felt eyes on me and I smiled at the thought of Evan looking at me. Would he even look at me anymore? An ache went through my chest, making me want to cry, but I didn’t, and I couldn’t. I stopped in the middle of The Green, where Felecia told me to, and was supposed to meet her here. I figured she would want me to meet her here, because of all the people, noticing me, especially guys. I spotted her, coming from the opposite direction I came from. She was wearing a dark blue Silk Organza top from Ralph Lauren, which complemented her blue eyes, and Stretch Wool Pants with black stilettoes. She looked like a model from a action movie, both dangerous and hot.  She smiled at me, and I smiled back, and a rush of wind came and ruffeled my blonde hair and I saw Felecia grin wider, and nodded in approval at my outfit I chosen for the day.

   "You look gorgeous,” she said, and hugged me.

   “Thanks,” I responded and hugged her back.

  “He’s starring,” Jade said, her hazel eyes looking anxious, and I followed her gaze and saw Evan.

  Even though he was a distance away, I could tell looked like he hadn’t got much sleep. His chin had stubbles of dark brown hair on it, and his eyes had dark circles on it and his clothes looked like he slept in them. I wanted to run to him, and hug him like all the times before like we used to, and let him kiss my lips softly. He looked at me and I stared back, like I was in a trance. I saw, out of the corner of my eye, a blonde girl walking up to him. I looked back at Jade, my friend, and she saw too.

  “I’ll take care of it,” Felecia said, a smirk on her perfect rosy lips.

  “What-“ I said, but she already started walking towards him, slowly walking for everyone to see.

  My pulse was beating faster, and my heart raced. This was going to be exciting.