Chapter 12

I climbed into my car, and leaned my head against my seat and sighed. Of course Felecia would want Jace, the guy that I may have a crush on. But I trusted her, and knew that she wouldn’t actually want to date him, she’d just mess with his head, lead him on, and then leave. I knew her routine by heart now, and knew Jace would probably end up getting hurt, if that was even possible.

   I heard my phone in my purse start to ring, without even paying attention to who was calling me, I answered, “Hello?” I said, tired.

  “You sound tired, maybe some Starbucks will help you wake up?” I heard a familiar deep voice say.

  “Maybe, a mocha frappe sounds amazing right now,” I responded.

   “Meet me there in about ten minutes?” Jace asked.

     “Yeah,” I said and hung up the phone.

   I put on my seatbelt, safety first-always, and put the car in reverse. If we hang out, I could see how he talked to Felecia. When most guys ask me about her, they have a lust look in their eye, maybe, since it was Jace, he wouldn’t have that look.

==================================================================

   I pulled in the Starbucks parking lot, seriously craving a Mocha Frappe. I got out of my car and locked it, I walked in Starbucks, and went  to the bathroom. I looked at my reflection making sure I looked decent, and applied light pink eye shadow from Dior. I looked at my outfit and tugged at my light brown sequin silk from Haute Hippie, the top scooped down to my chest, but didn’t show the whole world my cleavage.  I turned sideways, making sure my J Brand skinny jeans looked good and checked my Patent shoes from Dior that went well with my outfit. My pulse started racing, I felt nervous all of a sudden, but I was just meeting him in Starbucks, it wasn’t a big deal.

   I walked out, and searched the seats and saw his familiar face. A smile popped on my face, and I bit the inside of my cheek.

   “Do you always dress like that?” He asked, and pushed my mocha frappe to my seat.

   "Dress like what?” I asked, now self-conscious of my carefully planned outfit from this morning.

   “Like you’re going to go meet the president or something,” he responded and gave a half smirk.

  He looked completely adorable in a way, I noticed this was the type of atmosphere he belonged in, a calm, cooling atmosphere. Where everything didn’t matter, could Felecia ever handle someone like that? A person that didn’t care about anything, or what they wore?

  “What are you thinking?” He asked, looking amused.

  “You always ask me that, how did you meet Felecia?” I asked, and took a sip of my drink.

  As he bit into his muffin, he asked “who’s that?” I see he didn’t have table manners either.

  “My friend, the one you met at Ryan’s party. She had dark hair and blue eyes?” I asked, hope filled me that he may not remember her.

   “Oh, her,” he said, and swallowed, “Yeah, her eyes freak me out.”

  I exploded into laughter, “You’re the first to say that,” I looked down and noticed a guitar case, “You play guitar?” I asked.

  “What…? Oh yeah, they ask me to play it every Friday and Saturday,” he said.

   “So you’ll be here tomorrow?” I asked, gaining confidence, which wasn’t really like me.

  “Yeah, and I’m guessing you want to watch me play?” He asked, leaning forward, a gleam in his brown eyes.

   “I’d love to,” I smiled sweetly, wondering what I’m doing and where did all of this confidence come from.

   “I guess it’s a date then,” he said and smiled, as if accomplishing something.

   “A date it is. I have to go, but I’ll see you tomorrow, “ I said getting up, and walking to the exit, putting a little more sway to my hips.

  I’m not really sure what took over me, having confidence that is, that was normally Felecia’s job was to do that. But I realized it was actually fun flirting with him. My heart raced, I actually had a date with Jace. A part of me felt guilty because I never did claim him, and Felecia did. But, all she wanted to do was change him, I actually wanted to keep him the way he was. There was nothing wrong with that.