Chapter 20

Felecia’s POV…

    My heart thundered in my chest as I waited in the Starbuck’s parking lot. It was 10 PM, Jace was supposed to be walking out any minute to go home. I waited in my car impatiently, I was never the patient kind like Andyln was. I argued with myself mentally, if I should wait outside my car, or stay in and act shy. I opened my door, and got out, knowing I looked good in my cream colored dress by Zimmermann, it draped around my curves and hit all the right spots, it stopped a few inches before my knees, it was classy and certainly not trashy. I paired it with my cream colored open toed high heels from Gucci. I glanced in the mirror, and saw my hair tumble down in waves down my back, I’m glad I decided no on straightening it. The weather was cold, but I didn’t want to put my jacket on, I wanted Jace to see me and how I looked amazing.

    I researched on Jace before I came, I knew he worked at Starbucks on some weekdays and weekends, but I heard he played guitar very well, so they might’ve asked him to play every day. Something about him drove me crazy, and I had to have him, I pondered if it was the fact that he didn’t care about anything, or the fact that he couldn’t dress worth a crap. So many things I would have to change about him, but something about him made my heart beat faster.

     I heard footsteps, and saw Jace walking to his car, carrying his guitar case over his shoulder. I put myself into action, and started walking to him, not wanting to show I was desperate, so I maintained a medium walk and put an extra sway to my hips.

   "Hey,” I said, behind him.

   I saw him jump a little bit, and it made me smirk, he turned around and he eyed me up and down.

  “Hey?” He said, kind of confused.

  “You’re Andyln’s friend, right?” I said, batting my extra-long eyelashes, and used my innocent voice.

  “Uh, yeah, why?” He asked, putting his guitar into his car.

   “Have you talked to her? I haven’t spoken to her in days,” I said, leaning my hip against the car.

  “Yeah, we hung out today,” he said, with an amused expression on his face.

  Anger exploded throughout my body, but I kept it under control, “Oh, she’s not answering my calls or text messages. So, how is she?” I asked innocently again.

   “She’s good, who are you again?” He asked uncertainly, scrutinizing my face.

   “I’m Felecia,” I responded, giving him the best smile I could give anyone, more anger swelling inside me because he didn’t know my name.

  “Oh, well, it was nice meeting you, I have to go,” he said, as if in a hurry to leave now.

  “Wait,” I said, using my 'I’m so hurt voice.'

“Yeah?” He said, getting into the car.

   I pulled out a cut off and folded piece of paper out of my pocket, and stuck it in his hand, letting my hand linger there just for a moment. I leaned in, and kissed him on the cheek, and whispered in his ear, “Call me.”

  I turned around, and walked away, adding an extra sway to my hips, knowing possibly he was looking. I’m not sure why I kissed him on the cheek, it seemed like the repulsive thing to do. I wondered why he wasn’t responded to my text messages, so I gave him my number, maybe he’d get the hint then. I got into my car, and wondered what Andyln told him about me that made him want to leave in a rush. I shouldn’t call her, because she was still pissed over me and Evan, but I knew she would get over him eventually. I turned the car on, and threw it in reverse, I wanted to see Ryan, and get drunk with him. That’s what I wanted to do right now, I knew he wasn’t having any parties at the moment, so maybe he was home alone. That sent a chill through my body like no other guy could give me besides him.