Chapter 22

“You’re insane,” I giggled hysterically.

      Jace splashed the freezing on me, making goose bumps on my skin, as he laughed and it echoed all around.

 “The water isn’t that cold,” he responded, going a little deeper in the water.

     We were at Shore Park Beach in the middle of November; of course it was going to be cold. Jace showed up at my house randomly, and had a pair of shorts on and a short sleeve shirt on, and had a big grin on his face and told me he was taking me somewhere. Seeing his face made me forget I was mad at him, or that he hurt me, seeing him smile made me forget everything and my heart skip a beat. Literally. I had a sweatshirt on a light gray sweatshirt on from Helmut Lang with my bikini top under it from Etro, it was floral and adorable, just in case the weater was okay like he said, and my ripped blue jean shorts from True Religion with my bottoms under it. I didn’t understand how I could just forgive someone as easily as I forgave Jace, something in me let everything he ever did wrong to me go, and I would never understand how I could do that. I saw him take off his shirt, and I tried to hide my shock, his body was perfectly toned and muscular, I had no idea he actually cared about his body.

    “I see you looking at me,” he said and grinned mischievously.

    “Yeah, I had no idea you worked out,” I said back, grinning as I felt heat spread throughout my face.

    “Yes, Andy, I must work out, I gotta impress you somehow, don’t I?” He said, stepping closer to me.

    “Mhm,” I said sarcastically, feeling him get near me more, and my heart beat picking up the pace.

        He grinned and I felt myself in the air in a split second, he swung me over his shoulder, and I shrieked, begging him to put me down and laughing.

   “Oh, I’ll put you down,” he said and laughed.

     He was walking towards the water, and I screamed more, “No! Please don’t!” I begged, being serious.

        I felt him tip me over and my face and body collided with the water, I was up in an instant and seeing him double over laughing. My sweatshirt and shorts were soaked, which made me furious.

   “My sweatshirt and shorts are soaked!” I screeched at him, wondering why it’s so funny at the same time.

       I came close to him and pushed him down in the water he tipped over easily, obviously not prepared for that, I ran away laughing. I got to the shore and looked behind me, I didn’t see him, I looked around and still didn’t know where he was. I went back over to our spot where our towels were at and took off my soaking sweatshirt and shorts. He was right, the weather didn’t feel that bad, it wasn’t too hot or too cold, just perfect. I sat on the towel, and took my hair out of the high pony tail and let it down, seeing dirty blonde tumble down my shoulders and back. I felt someone else’s fingers in my hair, and I saw Jace, his face inches from mine, his hair wet and dripping making his face wet.

   “Hey,” I half whispered, my heart thudding in my ears.

        His lips came down on mine softly, and I felt his hands in my hair, I put my hands on his face, cupping them. I felt his tongue slip in my mouth as it did little circles all around, my hands ended up in his hair. He pulled away, and we were both out of breath. I smiled at him stupidly, and he smiled back and kissed my forehead. He played with my hair and wrapped his finger around each wave. I leaned against his chest, feeling the warmth on him and the shining sun. I closed my eyes, wishing that moment would last forever.

   “What are you thinking about?” Jace asked after a period of time.

    “You,” I said honestly.

     “Why?” He asked, I heard the familiar amusement in his voice.

      “I’m just thinking about me and you,” I said, opening my eyes and focusing in on his face for any clues of emotion.

       “What have you thought about so far?” He asked.

       “How you can take a terrible day for me, and turn it into perfect,” I responded, avoiding his gaze.

   I felt his lips press against my jaw, and him mumble something, and something randomly occurred to me, and I blurted out, “So I heard Felecia talked to you?” I asked, looking into his eyes for any clues.

  “Yeah, she just asked how you were, and stuff,” he responded, avoiding looking me in the eyes.

   “And?” I asked, knowing there was more.

   “She kissed me on the cheek, and gave me her number,” he said, catching my hand in his, and twining our fingers together.

  “What?” I said, fury rising in me, grabbing my phone out of my beach towel bag.

  “No, don’t worry about it, it was for real nothing,” he protested, trying to grab my phone out of my hand.

   “Yes it was for real something,” I said, already knowing her number by heart, and hearing it ring.

       Jace gave up, and I leaned against his chest, prepared to have a long strand of words come out of my mouth when she answered.

   “Hello?” She said lazily, as if she was staying at home, and doing nothing.

    “Do me a favor, and stay away from my boyfriend. He doesn’t want you, so fuck off, and leave him alone,” I said sternly, and hearing my heart beat thud in my ears.

    I heard her laugh, a carefree one at that, and she responded, “Your life will be hell at school tomorrow,” then the phone hung up.

    I turned my phone off and shoved it back into my bag, and looked at Jace. His expression didn’t look amused for once, it looked between a cross of serious and something else I couldn’t identify.

  “So, I’m your boyfriend, huh?” He said, a huge grin was planted on his face.

    I felt my cheeks flush in embarrassment, “Oh, that..Uh,” I stuttered, and looked at the white sand on the ground.

    He dipped his head down and his lips met mine. I didn’t care what tomorrow was like, it could be hell for all I care. As long as I was with Jace, I figured everything would be okay.